Is Punkbuster really working?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is Punkbuster really working?

Is it actually working in this game? I am pretty much the last person to ever yell hack but I've noticed the last few days our server has been flooded with questionable insta kill headshot players and I've never seen the server ever kick anyone for a PB violation other than that one day when the master server was all messed up.

It almost seems like PB has been disabled or gimped in the game and the rather large influx of BFBC2 hack videos on youtube in the last few days makes me wonder. Has anyone here seen a PB ban yet for this game happen live? I see only 46 bans on the PB master bans list! I just find it hard to believe that if it's working properly in 3 weeks all PB has caught is 46 people.

Re: Is Punkbuster really working?

Punkbuster has been a joke since Novalogics Joint Operations. I can't believe gaming companies actually still use them. I came across my 2nd hacker last night. Thank god the sevrer is was in was well managed, and he was quickly kicked and reported to PB. I highly suggest that servers stream PB to keep these a holes out.

Comment

The game has only had punkbuster for a week. During the beta it was not on.

PB doesnt catch everything. It could be missing some hackers. We will never know that though.

Crunch
      Twitter: @CptainCrunch
      Battlelog/Origin: CptainCrunch

Comment

PB doesnt catch ANYTHING imo. I have a very strong dislike for anything PB.

Comment

Originally posted by The_Eliminator
          PB doesnt catch ANYTHING imo. I have a very strong dislike for anything PB.
          Its not up to your opinion, it's down to facts. If PB doesn't catch anyone, why have i seen PB pwn people in BF2 and 2142?

Comment

The proper anticheat method is using PB for all the mainstream "download from Google" cheats, and admins aswell as PB streaming for those who slip by. Cant stop cheats with simple software. VAC, PB, you name it- on their own they might aswell be useless.

Comment

Originally posted by Chris_Redfield
              The proper anticheat method is using PB for all the mainstream "download from Google" cheats, and admins aswell as PB streaming for those who slip by. Cant stop cheats with simple software. VAC, PB, you name it- on their own they might aswell be useless.
              And thats the key. It takes admins to make anti cheat really work. Yes, I've been banned a few times because of haxusations, but I understand why and anything by itself is just not going to cut it. I mean look at VAC and its limitations.

I do think its past time for PB2 with some updates and encryption though. Im sure the investment isnt an option for it.

Crunch
              Twitter: @CptainCrunch
              Battlelog/Origin: CptainCrunch

Comment

Originally posted by The 13th Raptor
                Its not up to your opinion, it's down to facts. If PB doesn't catch anyone, why have i seen PB pwn people in BF2 and 2142?
                Thats why its called an opinion??

Comment

Working...
                X