Re-mapping Mouse Wheel?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re-mapping Mouse Wheel?

Has anyone found a way to re-bind the mouse wheel sucessfully? By default it seems to recognize mouse wheel up and down since there are mouse axis entries for both next and previous items. But as soon as you try to map them to something else it only gives you the option of one axis. No more up and down.. just movement.

I found this post where someone was having the same issue:

Homepage for Total Gaming Network and CS-Nation. Get the latest video game news, previews, and reviews on a daily basis.

But it's kinda old and I didn't know if someone had come up with a solution.

Re: Re-mapping Mouse Wheel?

Originally posted by caseman
    Has anyone found a way to re-bind the mouse wheel sucessfully? By default it seems to recognize mouse wheel up and down since there are mouse axis entries for both next and previous items. But as soon as you try to map them to something else it only gives you the option of one axis. No more up and down.. just movement.

Homepage for Total Gaming Network and CS-Nation. Get the latest video game news, previews, and reviews on a daily basis.

I can't look into this right now as I'm not at home but have been meaning to. I did figure out how to get around stuff like this in BF2 so my hopes are high. I'v always liked to roll forward to select primary and roll back to reload. Middle click to zoom and right click for pistol.

Basically shoot, switch pistol, shoot, roll back reload roll forward primary roll back reload

Comment

yeah, I had it working in BF2/2142 but so far no luck in BC2

Comment

Originally posted by caseman

I've been playing around with manual editing of the control files trying to get my joystick working and removing some of the bugs like joystick bound to infantry movement. I'm about 90% done with it working good, just need a little more testing.

That being said, what are you trying to bind the wheel to do? I can take a look the next time I'm editing.

Here is that original post:
        Originally posted by secondVISION
        Hey,
        I wanted to map my next wep to middle mouse under (scroll down)
        and prev wep to middle mouse top (scroll to top xD)
        But when I try to change one of the two I always get: mouse axiso X or something and always X not Y but always X...
        Any help on this?
        I'm not exactly sure what he is trying to do. doesn't the wheel already control previous and next weapons?
        "Crunch's First Officer"
        twitter: @signaprime

Comment

not exactly sure what he is looking for.. but ever since 1942 I've had mouse down bring up the rifle and mouse up whip out the pistol. I hate having to scroll through items using the wheel.

if you find a way to get that working, I'd be your bestest friend. :P

Comment

Working...
          X