Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question for server admins : Mixed game modes

Got a question for any server operators out there

1. How are you playing mixed game modes, could someone please explain how to edit the maplist to include multiple modes. Seen this working on a few servers

Thanks in advance :thumbsup:

Re: Question for server admins : Mixed game modes

I have yet to see a server able to do this. I've tried it myself, and can't get it to work.

Admin Tools also only allow for 1 game type/maps to be selected at once as well.

I thought it was not possible?

Comment

I was on a server that changed game mode, don't remember which, I think if you just put a map into rotation that only has certain game modes it might play it in the only way it can. Only speculating here though.

Comment

Originally posted by TGL|Badlizzard
        I think if you just put a map into rotation that only has certain game modes it might play it in the only way it can. Only speculating here though.
        yea that doesn't work we tried that a week or so ago. Conquest use 1,3,5,7,9,11 and Rush uses 2,4,6,8,10,12 They are not interchangeable, when mixed it will still play the correct maps for the gametype used

Comment

I can tell you I've been in rush and conquest maps that changed to Squad death match on the next map load, you get kicked at random with no raning, then the server shows it's full and you can't play. So maybe a bug?

Comment

I don't think this is supported yet? I haven't seen any server switchings between modes, But have heard that BC2 Guardian are working on it? they seem to have better support for switching map ingame

Comment

anyone ever figure this out yet ?

Comment

Yep. I have Mixed Gamemodes running on my server at the moment.

EA doesn't support it, so certain Admin Tools allows for it.

I personally am using PRoCon. It allows for setup of In-Game admin by Player Name, allows for Mixed Gamemodes (Between Conquest & Rush) and a few other nifty things. (You can set it so people can look up their GUID in-game, people can find out what countries other people are from...etc)

Comment

Originally posted by [BFE]TA|Patton
                  Yep. I have Mixed Gamemodes running on my server at the moment.

EA doesn't support it, so certain Admin Tools allows for it.

I personally am using PRoCon. It allows for setup of In-Game admin by Player Name, allows for Mixed Gamemodes (Between Conquest & Rush) and a few other nifty things. (You can set it so people can look up their GUID in-game, people can find out what countries other people are from...etc)

http://phogue.net/?page_id=389
                  Confirmed we run ProRcon as well and use the mixed modes on 2 of our servers. Works fairly well and right now the only admin tool that seems to have the right support for it.

There is Grosskopf i think it is that is offering a hosting service for the tool. I am currently running it on a remote box so my admins have ingame controls..

Cable

Comment

thanks guys

Comment

Tactical Gamer is running mixed modes on their 3 servers - rush and conquest. It seems to work well.

Comment

Does PRoCon have to be running at all times for mixed game modes to be enabled?

Comment

yes you have to have procon running all the time for it to keep mixing the modes, what it does is it senses when the round is ending, then clears the map list and game mode, then adds new game mode and map, so basically your map list always has technically one map in it. But Procon has the whole rotation.

Works very well, now if EA/Dice would just fix the browser, lol.

Comment

Working...
                          X