Enter Button Binding Issue?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Enter Button Binding Issue?

I've looked everywhere for an answer to this but I can't seem to have the enter button NOT set to spawn screen. I play using Up/Down/Left/Right arrow keys so I really need to use it. Even although just now I don't use it to jump I still hit it by mistake and it has cost me alot of kills and deaths. Is there any way to set it manually, can't seem to find the file to do this? I wish DICE would fix this, for me it's the only real big problem, everything else is almost perfect.
    ~scol

Re: Enter Button Binding Issue?

Im afraid there may not be a way. Some of the keys are hard coded. I set the ENTER key to fire to test this and I would fire one round and open the spawn window at the same time.

I checked the .ini files and game files some and did not find any file that has the keybinds in it. That doesnt mean it doesnt exist somewhere, but from what I can see, you cannot change this.

Crunch
    Twitter: @CptainCrunch
    Battlelog/Origin: CptainCrunch

Comment

I've been doing some manual editing of the control dbx files to get my joystick working (and to remove joystick binds from infantry, etc..). The next time I'm in there (prob. later today) I'll look around and see if you can change the enter key.
      "Crunch's First Officer"
      twitter: @signaprime

Comment

ok, I just looked and didnt find anything, so I'm thinking it is hard coded.
        "Crunch's First Officer"
        twitter: @signaprime

Comment

I appreciate the help, tbh if it's hard coded then it's pretty stupid on dice's part... Hope we can find a work around!
          ~scol

Comment

Working...
          X