Increase FOV, Enjoy BC2 More,

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Increase FOV, Enjoy BC2 More,

I was monkeying around the settings config, and decided to change the FOV setting. I couldn't really tell the difference because of the time it takes to go from ingame to change the FOV and back ingame. So i took a picture and BAM! FOV is bigger and I love it.
    Before (55 FOV):

After (75 FOV):

I realize it just looks like I zoomed in, but trust me I didn't. I Choose to take the picture on the MG cause I knew I would be facing the same way and angle for both pictures.

You can find the settings config in C:\Documents and Settings\<name>\My Documents\BFBC2.
    Simply double click the 'settings' config file, it will open with text edit. Then just change the FOV number to whatever you normally play with in other games.

Sidenote: Notice the drop in FPS. I don't know if this is a side effect or if my comp was just doing something during the second picture, but keep an eye on it.

Re: Increase FOV, Enjoy BC2 More,

well it has to process more particles and pixels; mmmm... I'm going back to FOV 70 since I'm getting steady 30 fps right now with FOV 80

Comment

I personally hate increasing the FOV.

People then appear smaller, and therefore harder to hit. I tried FOV 85 and FOV 65. I prefer the stock FOV 55 over both of them personally.

Bravo to those who can play successfully at higher FOV's.

Comment

I've only played with an increased FOV.

Changing the FOV is not new news. Glad to have you aboard thejeran.

Comment

Originally posted by [BFE]TA|Patton
          I personally hate increasing the FOV.

People then appear smaller, and therefore harder to hit. I tried FOV 85 and FOV 65. I prefer the stock FOV 55 over both of them personally.

Bravo to those who can play successfully at higher FOV's.
          It depends on what range you like to fight. You will benefit from wider FOV if you do much CQB, but on the other hand snipers may prefer more zoom. Have anybody tried decreasing the FOV?

Comment

Sounds about right Vreki. I don't play recon, mostly engi and running armour, some medicing on more infantry maps. I have it at 90 and it's a lot better for me. I zoom when I need it, and after getting some better LMGs for the medic I can still shoot a good distance with decent accuracy with the iron sights. However the SMGs are more a medium to close range weapon, even the LMGs are better at more mediumish ranges.

Peripheral vision also helps with amour I think since you don't need as pin point of accuracy, but more situational awareness, help figure out where the AT missiles are coming from, and something like just catching the smoke trail if it misses, means you can figure it out easier.

Thats what nice to still see in this game, while one could easily argue that a fixed FOV is better for balance, on PC it's all about preference, and play style. If a smaller FOV helps a sniper snipe me, more power to them, if it means that I get the wider view advantage when it comes in handy. Although someone with a higher screen resolution will not need the smaller FOV as much since the detail will be easier to spot.

Although I guess we could just get a multi monitor set up and get the best of both worlds.

Comment

55 is awfully low in comparison to other games. I think a lot of other games are at around 75-90 by default.

Comment

Originally posted by jake_
                55 is awfully low in comparison to other games. I think a lot of other games are at around 75-90 by default.
                BC2 calculates FOV vertically, so the default of 55 is actually around 80 horizontally

Comment

I personally havent changed the FOV, im doing fine without having to so no real need.

Comment

I do like CQB alot as I like to get peoples dogtags so my Fov's on 90 but even then I can still snipe sucessfully at long range.

Originally posted by sithdemon
                    Peripheral vision also helps with amour I think since you don't need as pin point of accuracy, but more situational awareness, help figure out where the AT missiles are coming from, and something like just catching the smoke trail if it misses, means you can figure it out easier.
                    I change view for that but the wider view helps more there aswell.

Comment

I've found a few FOV calculators and they all insisted 69-70 was the correct FOV for 1920x1200. any more and you start to stretch and distort figures.

Comment

I set mine to 80, I cant stand the default FoV.

Comment

Originally posted by Vreki
                          BC2 calculates FOV vertically, so the default of 55 is actually around 80 horizontally
                          ding ding ding!

use this calculator to get the desired FOV you want.

i am currently using FOV=60, which is about 85 horizontally.

Comment

i use fov 70.

Comment

I use a fov of 80 which is 110 horisontal. No tunnel vision here, and it feels so great to play with. More games should allow a flexible fov like this.

Comment

Working...
                              X