Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Both sides same weapons

Hi guys,

You know how in the other BF games each side gets their own weapons i.e. 1942 Germans get MP40 US gets Thompson and Vietnam M16A1 vs Ak47 anyways here everyone basically starts out with the same load irregardless of being Russian or American.

I liked it back then because it gave more variety, but still this no rant on BFBC2 mind you i like the game, just an open discussion on weapon load outs, please share your thoughts kindly! :thumbsup:

Re: Both sides same weapons

hahahah I can't believe you're still using that crappy sig I made like 2 years ago or something.

Comment

The way I remember it, 95% ended up using the common unlocks anyway.

Comment

As you play more and rank up, you see a lot more variety in weapons being used; you can't assume what everybody does, because even tough, for example, medics end up using the m60, not everybody goes for the same attachments and perks.

Comment

This is an issue with me too. Id like to see the russian side with completely different weapons and unlock. Picking up a NATO weapon would be a tactical choice to hide your fire but could also get you killed.

I died laughing when in the ww2 mission in solo i picked up a japanese m1 garand...tsk tsk DICE. VERY lazy, couldnt you use the jap rifle from 1943? Dont tell me they also use the garand in that game!

Comment

The Japs used what resembled a German Semi-Auto rifle as I remember (The Gewehr?) but only for the sake of balance, as it was a MP only game.

Comment

I imagine the reason for this is game a balancing. You cause yourself all sorts of problems down the line if one side has a better gun than the other. Keeping the weapons the same gets rid of this problem so while it may be nice for different teams to have diffferent weapons, it doesn't really benefit the game / takes too much testing and programming to make it worthwhile.

Also as someone pointed out, the majority of people use unlocks anyway and so the standard weapons are generally only used when the game comes out or by new players.

Comment

hmm thanks guys that got me thinking as i did not think of balance lol. Anyways thanks for the suggestions. And yeah the Jap M1 was funny lol.

Jake i am still very loyal to CoH lol but if u feel like making me another kickas5 one then go ahead!

Comment

Originally posted by BrokenMachine
                  I imagine the reason for this is game a balancing. You cause yourself all sorts of problems down the line if one side has a better gun than the other. Keeping the weapons the same gets rid of this problem so while it may be nice for different teams to have diffferent weapons, it doesn't really benefit the game / takes too much testing and programming to make it worthwhile.

Also as someone pointed out, the majority of people use unlocks anyway and so the standard weapons are generally only used when the game comes out or by new players.
                  While I don't care either way. I do realize that the whole part of too much programming and testing isn't a problem. They don't make the guns shoot like the real ones (if they did everyone would us the AN-95). They could easily put different skins on each side and then make them shoot the exact same and give them different noises.

Comment

Originally posted by LunaTiK TunaLiK
                    While I don't care either way. I do realize that the whole part of too much programming and testing isn't a problem. They don't make the guns shoot like the real ones (if they did everyone would us the AN-95). They could easily put different skins on each side and then make them shoot the exact same and give them different noises.
                    There are enough weapons from both sides for each class that you can choose whatever works best for you or you think is appropiate; for russians you get what, the PKM, T88, and for the US M60 and M248? the second unlock, plus the G36, G30, and another one. that's 3 more weapons than BF2 right there, just for the medic. Most of the weapons are reskins with the same stats, just different "recoil".

Comment

Originally posted by Lordsethonan
                      There are enough weapons from both sides for each class that you can choose whatever works best for you or you think is appropiate; for russians you get what, the PKM, T88, and for the US M60 and M248? the second unlock, plus the G36, G30, and another one. that's 3 more weapons than BF2 right there, just for the medic. Most of the weapons are reskins with the same stats, just different "recoil".
                      Why did you quote me and respond with all this? The only sentence that pertains to what I said is the last one, and people can easily check out the charts to see that's hardly true. I was just helping the guy realize that testing and programming doesn't have anything to do with it. Like I said, I don't care at all about having different weapons.

They could give each class 1 weapon and I wouldn't care as long as it was decent.

Comment

Working...
                      X