Crouching...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Crouching...

From playing a lot of BF2142 I got in the habit of nearly always crouching before opening fire. I'll pay attention to the crosshairs next time I play, but I'm wondering if it still increases accuracy significantly enough to make it a worthwhile endeavor.

Re: Crouching...

Not really; try this test. Fire at a wall on full auto, full clip, then try it aiming down the sights, and then crouching both ways. It's a minimal improvement; tough it's there. At 20+ meters firing "from the hip" is a waste of bullets in both stances, standing and crouching.

Comment

Originally posted by Lordsethonan
      Not really; try this test. Fire at a wall on full auto, full clip, then try it aiming down the sights, and then crouching both ways. It's a minimal improvement; tough it's there. At 20+ meters firing "from the hip" is a waste of bullets in both stances, standing and crouching.
      I wasn't questioning whether you should fire from the hip or not. I'm not an idiot.

I mean standing versus crouching when scoped.

I guess I'll have to test it myself

Comment

Originally posted by jake_
        I wasn't questioning whether you should fire from the hip or not. I'm not an idiot.

I mean standing versus crouching when scoped.

I guess I'll have to test it myself
        Quick answer then; yes it helps, but not as much as in 2142. It changes by weapon too anyways, so what works with some don't work with others.

At any rate, then yes, best firing mode is crouching and aiming down the sights if static, if moving its best to fire standing aiming down the sights; for some reason you get more deviation if you crouch and move, but less spread than if you walk aiming down the sights, where you get more spread and less deviation.

Still; try it with different weapons, they do have a very different feel.

Comment

If anything crouching makes you a more difficult target to hit/see.

Comment

Crouching does not benefit any weapons' accuracy except for LMGs in which hip spread barely improves.
            This is from one of the guys that extraced weapon data from the game files: http://denkirson.xanga.com/722757523/bad-company-2/

Comment

Originally posted by Vreki
              This is from one of the guys that extraced weapon data from the game files: http://denkirson.xanga.com/722757523/bad-company-2/
              Thanks Vreki. That's what I was looking for.

I'd rep you, but I already have too recently.

Comment

i did it for you jake

Comment

Demize99 is the weapon guy at DICE

@tigerkal @l_twin base accuracy is not increased. But you are a smaller target and fire tighter bursts.

@Demize99 @L_Twin According to this http://denkirson.xanga.com/722757523/bad-company-2/ crouching does not grant increased accuracy. True?

Comment

But you are a smaller target and fire tighter bursts.
                    What does that mean? Less recoil?

Comment

Less deviation per shot, I'd imagine. First shot when crouching or standing is the same, but after that the deviation increases per shot so it probably increases less when you're crouching than when you're standing.

Comment

Originally posted by Vreki
                        What does that mean? Less recoil?
                        i dunno but it sounds like accuracy is improved, even though he says it doesn't? such a weird statement. less recoil does correlate to better accuracy in my book.

Comment

Originally posted by WolfAlmighty
                          Less deviation per shot, I'd imagine. First shot when crouching or standing is the same, but after that the deviation increases per shot so it probably increases less when you're crouching than when you're standing.
                          This is what I gathered from that.

Comment

does not seem to be any different for me(crouch or standing) but i always shoot from crouch or PRONE! anyway(lets face it the hardcore has been consozied eg. no single shot modes ect.).By the way thats not a whinge its just a fact:wee:

Comment

Originally posted by Rambo
                              does not seem to be any different for me(crouch or standing) but i always shoot from crouch or PRONE! anyway(lets face it the hardcore has been consozied eg. no single shot modes ect.).By the way thats not a whinge its just a fact:wee:
                              It's not different by much if you fire full auto, but you can double tap or single tap, and there are several single fire weapons aside from pistols you can use.

That's why I told Jake to go test it, it's very different for every weapon; since some weapons kick upwards, some sideways, and the spread have different patterns that that table doesn't show; for example, even tough its short burst, the AN94 has sway to the right, and then to the left if you leave the mouse still; you need to learn this patterns in recoil before you go running around. The M60 is "overpowered" because it has a very easy to compensate for recoil.

Comment

Working...
                              X