X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: M16 vs. other ARs

Originally posted by Vreki
    I think the number of people confused by that title is limited to one
    I'm just trying to help the people that obviously didn't understand what AR means when talking about M16s. The thread was titled by someone obviously confused from past AR conversations. Anyone that read that title before reading the thread and new what it was going to be about; was just a lucky uneducated person.

Comment

Complete derail, but what I am seeing is one person who obviously didn't understand what AR means when talking about Battlefield
      Context is everything

Comment

Originally posted by Corvic
        I unlocked the M16 today, but it feels extremely underpowered to me, I feel like I am shooting cotton balls at people.

I guess I'm a little surprised how inferior this gun feels compared to the XM8, AUG and especially the AN-95. For the last gun in the tree, it seems quite underwhelming to me.
        Definetely not true. It does the same damage at long range as An-94, and same as XM8 or M416 at short range and those are "high-power ARs", plus as said before, it's more accurate than any other AR (basically fires 3 bullets more accurately than An-94 does 2).

If there's anything I'd call underpowered it would be F2000.

Originally posted by jake_
        I haven't unlocked it yet, but I like using the AUG with 4x... obviously if you're doing more close-range stuff the 4x is a pain, but I find it useful for taking out some of those pesky snipers.
        AUG + 4x doesn't work very well since it's not more powerful at long range than most SMGs'.

Comment

Hands down best assault rifes = AN95 or the M416

Comment

Originally posted by LunaTiK TunaLiK
            I'm just trying to help the people that obviously didn't understand what AR means when talking about M16s. The thread was titled by someone obviously confused from past AR conversations. Anyone that read that title before reading the thread and new what it was going to be about; was just a lucky uneducated person.
            It's not about being uneducated, it's about having more common sense comprehending what he would be talking about here on a Battlefield Forum. As Vreki said, Context is everything. If this was posted on like Military.com or in an actual Gun thread .. or Gun forum for that matter, spat away, but come on .. if anyone read the thread and didn't comprehend he was talking about Assault Rifles, then they should simply Start > Control Panel > Remove Programs > Uninstall Bad Company 2.

To go back on topic. When I first used the M16, I raged more times than not. I tagged the hell out of people and they wouldn't drop. Now that I use the Magnum rounds with it, it is deadly when aiming at the chest & head and is really the only weapon I use now.

Comment

you crazy?

the M16A2 is easily the best, if not one of the best assault rifles, screw the dam AN94, when some guy shoots at me with that I can be on the move and still hit him accurately

When in mega close range with the M16 just keep moving and let the thing rip, it can fire those bursts at insane speed and still retain accuracy up close

medium range you can shoot people without the need to even use a scope, you can just fire from the hip, and while moving still

long range, just be patient with the burst, don't fire another until the other burst has finished and the recoil has come down a bit

I use it with the 4x scope, can snipe people from across maps with the dam thing and there is nothing that beats me in close quarters fighting; I got the platinum on it as well yesterday

But seriously, the other ARs are very good, the AN94, M416 etc, but the M16 is just so much more versatile, it has lower damage(but still great damage) and if you can aim and have "the moves" far more of your bullets will be hitting the enemy, not to mention how many headshots it gets because of the recoil

easily my favourite gun in the game

Comment

its gonna be a while until i unlock this gun. is it anything like MW's m-16?

Comment

Originally posted by MrChris_CJ
                  you crazy?

the M16A2 is easily the best, if not one of the best assault rifles, screw the dam AN94, when some guy shoots at me with that I can be on the move and still hit him accurately

When in mega close range with the M16 just keep moving and let the thing rip, it can fire those bursts at insane speed and still retain accuracy up close

medium range you can shoot people without the need to even use a scope, you can just fire from the hip, and while moving still

long range, just be patient with the burst, don't fire another until the other burst has finished and the recoil has come down a bit

I use it with the 4x scope, can snipe people from across maps with the dam thing and there is nothing that beats me in close quarters fighting; I got the platinum on it as well yesterday

But seriously, the other ARs are very good, the AN94, M416 etc, but the M16 is just so much more versatile, it has lower damage(but still great damage) and if you can aim and have "the moves" far more of your bullets will be hitting the enemy, not to mention how many headshots it gets because of the recoil

easily my favourite gun in the game
                  I played with it all yesterday and I agree with you. I was amazed how accurate it is from the hip, even at medium range.

I also realized it takes less shots to kill someone than I thought, I forgot there is a delay between when the guy actually dies, and when you get a notification for it.

Comment

Along with An-94 it's one of the two most versatile ARs, namely because they both excel at killing at medium to long range, whereas fully automatic AR's not so much (in my experience). The difference between them to me is that AN excels at killing moving targets at medium range, whereas M16 is better against stationary targets and beats AN at close range.

Comment

ok finally unlocked the m-16 and i love it so far.
                      not big on the iron sights so i have to put red dot on it and then put damage + perk to make up for lower damage.
                      the burst behaves like MW's m-16 in it that it's very stable when firing those 3 quick bullets.
                      the downside is i won't be able to perk it up with extra nade launcher rounds and explosive damage + perk because i need to some sort of sights on it.
                      might just be the gun that makes me stop noob tube spamming. lol

Comment

I've been using the AN-94 and in my opinion it's better than the M16. I like the burst from these guns, but if I had to pick an automatic, I'd pick the M416 or XM8. <3 AN-94 :P

Comment

I hate the AN94. i unlocked the m16 1 hour ago but havent been able to try it synce i played no more.

Comment

M16 + magnum ammo = omfg

I love this gun now.

Comment

Its overpowerd and needs to be nerfed!

Crunch
                              Twitter: @CptainCrunch
                              Battlelog/Origin: CptainCrunch

Comment