M16 vs. other ARs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• M16 vs. other ARs

I unlocked the M16 today, but it feels extremely underpowered to me, I feel like I am shooting cotton balls at people.

I guess I'm a little surprised how inferior this gun feels compared to the XM8, AUG and especially the AN-95. For the last gun in the tree, it seems quite underwhelming to me.

Re: M16 vs. other ARs

Underpowered!

Are you kidding? The M16 rocks! It super powerful and downs enemies faster than any other gun i have played with and i have gold on all the assault weapons.

Comment

my clan mate who is pretty much haxors (not literally) says the M16 is the best rifle he has used. So I don't know what you're doing wrong.

Comment

hmm...I guess I am doing something wrong...

Perhaps I just need to use it more. The few times I've used it, I swear it took an entire clip to kill someone. Maybe the server was laggy and I was getting bad hit reg or something.

p.s. what scope are you guys using? I like the x4, but maybe I should nix the scope with the m16?

Comment

It's weak, but its recoil is almost nonexistent and it's quite accurate. Personally it's my favourite AR. I plan on trying it with Magnum rounds (which I just unlocked) next time I play to see how it fares, damage-wise.

And myself I prefer the standard ironsights. I might try the red dot at some point, but the 4x just bugs me for some reason, on the other ARs at least.

Comment

Ugh the 4x is horrible on everything haha.

It'll probably be win with the red dot - but I haven't unlocked the M16 yet...

Comment

AR normally stands for ArmaLite. Some of these weapons are far from being an AR. Yes I can see where you can abbreviate assault rifle, automatic rifle or even air rifle with AR.

The M16 was designed from the AR-15. It's just confusing in the thread title because it seems you are wanting to compare the m16 with its AR kinfolk; which wouldn't be a bad thing and is a common discussion.

Comment

Originally posted by LunaTiK TunaLiK
                AR normally stands for ArmaLite. Some of these weapons are far from being an AR. Yes I can see where you can abbreviate assault rifle, automatic rifle or even air rifle with AR.

The M16 was designed from the AR-15. It's just confusing in the thread title because it seems you are wanting to compare the m16 with its AR kinfolk; which wouldn't be a bad thing and is a common discussion.
                That would be a discussion for these forums...

Comment

Except this is a BC2 Forum...

And I just unlocked the M16, unbelievable, it's accuracy is second to none.

Comment

I switched from the x4 scope to the dot sight...the difference is amazing. I donno why, but the sucker is much better without the zoom.

Comment

I unlocked it a few days ago, but never used it until today. I love it! The quick bursts and little recoil are deadly. I use it with the 4X Zoom.

Comment

Originally posted by Corvic
                        I switched from the x4 scope to the dot sight...the difference is amazing. I donno why, but the sucker is much better without the zoom.
                        Cos the red dot sight reduces spread; couple it with the AR thing and its reduced even more; you won't get extra damage tough.

Comment

I haven't unlocked it yet, but I like using the AUG with 4x... obviously if you're doing more close-range stuff the 4x is a pain, but I find it useful for taking out some of those pesky snipers.

Comment

Originally posted by The_Eliminator
                            Underpowered!

Are you kidding? The M16 rocks! It super powerful and downs enemies faster than any other gun i have played with and i have gold on all the assault weapons.
                            lies, unless its a hs it takes way too many bursts

Comment

I think the number of people confused by that title is limited to one

Comment

Working...
                              X