SSD Improve Load Times?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SSD Improve Load Times?

Would a solid state drive improve load times of maps and general HD accessing in BFBC:2?

over a normal 7200k or 10000k SATA2 HD?

Other Components:
    E8500
    p5q pro
    260gtx
    4gb ram

Re: SSD Improve Load Times?

yes,,

It will improve load times for Games and apps alike.

Comment

loadtime is pretty miniscule compared to previous BF games, i don't know if SSD is worth the difference in price.

Comment

Originally posted by Minmaster
        loadtime is pretty miniscule compared to previous BF games, i don't know if SSD is worth the difference in price.
        LOL i dont know what HD you have but i find it pretty slow to load maps... Most of the time when the map is loaded i click join and ppl are already playing. I have a Western Digital Velociraptor 150Gb 10000rpm. It should be pretty quick right???

Comment

There is a known issue with ATI cards and loadtimes, especially under DX10.
          I think that is more likely the source of your problems.

Comment

yea loading is no more than few seconds for me on some cheap SATA drive, sorry to say.

Comment

Originally posted by Minmaster
              yea loading is no more than few seconds for me on some cheap SATA drive, sorry to say.
              wow that's good to know! thx. I was just looking for an improvement over BF2.

Comment

I have an SSD .. The rest of my clan do not.

At the end of each round, I can load in, grab a tank and drive half way through the map before they get to load in.

That sold me. I find myself always being the first one in every server, and the game starts in like <1 second

Comment

Originally posted by [BFE]TA|Patton
                  I have an SSD .. The rest of my clan do not.

At the end of each round, I can load in, grab a tank and drive half way through the map before they get to load in.

That sold me. I find myself always being the first one in every server, and the game starts in like <1 second
                  You must be talking about BF2? As it has been stated the load time in BC2 is really fast for any system that isn't having an odd issue with the game.

Comment

I don't have a SSD (just a SATA) and I almost always get the first tank in the round, unless I spend extra time oggling my stats from the previous round.

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 275
                    Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU E8400 @ 3.00GHz

Win XP

Comment

Good to know about the ATI issue... I am gonna have to check it out... its frustrating... I wont be going back to Nvidia for that tho lol i just love my 4870x2

Comment

Working...
                      X