Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Flashbang Effects on Jet/Chopper Pilots?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Flashbang Effects on Jet/Chopper Pilots?

Say a jet was incoming on a strafing run, could I use the flashbang deployed with the F2000 (SF Assault kit) against them?

ie. make the jet pilot lose vision and crash into a mountain?

I guess the timing of the throw would have to be perfect, but I've tried this tactic literally hundreds of times while being camped. So far it has yet to work....

Are they nullified to flashbang effects whilst inside an aircraft?

TIA. :yay:

Re: Flashbang Effects on Jet/Chopper Pilots?

Ive actually heard people doing this before, you could definitely try.

Comment

Glad to know someone else might have tried this. heh :tank:

Comment

Originally posted by BiBi
        Say a jet was incoming on a strafing run, could I use the flashbang deployed with the F2000 (SF Assault kit) against them?

ie. make the jet pilot lose vision and crash into a mountain?

I guess the timing of the throw would have to be perfect, but I've tried this tactic literally hundreds of times while being camped. So far it has yet to work....

Are they nullified to flashbang effects whilst inside an aircraft?

TIA. :yay:
        I have only ever been flashed banged whilst in an aircraft when sitting on ground and readying to take off...usually by a member of my own tea.

The flashbangs are to stay clear off in BF2. take far too long to arm......throw.......and then.......select gun again..... By the time all that has happened situation has changed and you are probably dead.

Comment

Yeah, it works. You have to time it for sure. I always enjoyed flashing tank drivers myself.

Crunch
          Twitter: @CptainCrunch
          Battlelog/Origin: CptainCrunch

Comment

Yep. You can. I did this a lot back in my BF2 days.

Comment

Originally posted by MatTheCat
              The flashbangs are to stay clear off in BF2. take far too long to arm......throw.......and then.......select gun again..... By the time all that has happened situation has changed and you are probably dead.
              Flashbangs work great when they're used as they were designed for, i.e., you are about to storm a small room full of enemy.

Naturally you're with your squad covering your back so it's safe to take the 3 seconds to throw the flashbang.

Once you throw the flashbang you only need the standard time to switch back to your rifle, and that time is what you have since you were standing far enough away from the door to avoid flashbanging yourself, you switch up while you're running into the room.

Comment

It worked well before the patch nerfed it. It use to last longer and flash brighter and further.

Comment

Originally posted by Redink
                  It worked well before the patch nerfed it. It use to last longer and flash brighter and further.
                  Thats what happens when everyone complains about something. Thats too bad because it was a very effective tool.

Crunch
                  Twitter: @CptainCrunch
                  Battlelog/Origin: CptainCrunch

Comment

Originally posted by Redink
                    Ahhh thanks for the info, didn't know it was changed in one of the patches.

Comment

Working...
                    X