Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

what's your RenderAheadLimit and did you get a performance boost?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what's your RenderAheadLimit and did you get a performance boost?

i read setting this higher would make the game utilize the CPU more and i think i got a decent boost on my q6600.
    i set it to 8.
    have others changed this also and what value seems to be the optimal #?

Re: what's your RenderAheadLimit and did you get a performance boost?

I also wanted to make a thread about this. Would setting it lower put more stress on my graphics card(s)? If so, setting it lower should boost performance for someone like me who uses crossfire.

Comment

Heck if I know, I use a setting of 1 on my Quad Core + 285 GTX

I wouldn't want it to render ahead too many frames otherwise you might be showing then now and not now right now.

Comment

yea well i have a quadcore but a weak video card (8800GT) so i would rather put more stress on CPU than the videocard. hence why i increased the render ahead to 8 frames.

Comment

Don't push it too high or you'll get input lag. (The reason they added this setting in the first place because in systems like yours, the CPU was getting too far ahead of the GPU).

Comment

well what # would be pushing it too far? at 8 i don't feel any input lag.

Comment

I went fro 0 to 5, got more uniform framerate even on busy servers. The mcomm getting armed no longer completely freezes my screen, it just goes to slideshow mode.

Comment

Working...
              X