BF BD2 Sqaud Comms (or lack off)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BF BD2 Sqaud Comms (or lack off)

After spending the whole evening constantly retrying my BFBD2 connection, I finally had some success and actually got a game for 20 minutes before being kicked out (never to be allowed back in). So great work DICE! a big thumbs up to you for providing a central server system for a newly released mega hyped game that actually allowed me to even sniff the online mode that is advertised on the box.

Anyways, In the configuration panel there is a buttong for Squad communications and Spotting. The default button here is Q, yet when I press it it does bugger all. Is this is a bug? Or am I being a n00b?

Re: BF BD2 Sqaud Comms (or lack off)

it's an "intelligent" comm. Mouse over an enemy, and press Q to spot. Mouse over an objective to order your mates to attack it. Mouse over a friendly medic to request aid. etc....

Doesn't always work, I usually spam the Q key a few times.

Comment

Originally posted by Corvic
      it's an "intelligent" comm. Mouse over an enemy, and press Q to spot. Mouse over an objective to order your mates to attack it. Mouse over a friendly medic to request aid. etc....

Doesn't always work, I usually spam the Q key a few times.
      Thanks for the info.

Comment

Whilst on the subject of squads. It seems that you cannot setup your own squad in order that you can play with your mates etc.

Am I just missing something here or is that just the way the game is?

Comment

You can, just click join on a squad where there's noone. I don't know if you can kick someone of your squad though.

Comment

I don't think you can kick, but you should be able to lock.

Comment

Originally posted by MatTheCat
              Whilst on the subject of squads. It seems that you cannot setup your own squad in order that you can play with your mates etc.

Am I just missing something here or is that just the way the game is?
              Expand the "Squad Management" bar next to the "Select Spawn Point" area (visible when you hit your Enter key) and you can leave/join/lock your squad from here.

Comment

Originally posted by Vreki
                I don't think you can kick, but you should be able to lock.
                Confirming that you can lock, there is a grayed out lock icon on the squad screen.

Comment

Working...
                X