Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: UAV love

Originally posted by Vreki
    Unfortunately people seems much more UAV-hating in the full game. I barely get any airtime before people start shoting at it, but besides that it is still fun.

But the placement of the controls for "forward" and "up" on each side of the exit button has caused me a bit of grief.
    You can remap them to use the same keys as your attack heli forward/backward buttons if you choose. I have it using W and S (R and F makes no sense IMO). Just go into My Documents/BFBC2/Input, find a file called 'air.dbx', open it in notepad/wordpad (it's human-readable), use ctrl+f to find IDK_R and IDK_F and change them accordingly (e.g. IDK_W and IDK_S). So long as you don't go back into your game options and remap the aircraft keys the game won't detect the conflict and you'll be able to use the same keys for both aircraft.

It's how I kept myself from cratering in BF2 after having been used to using the same key for jump and parachute in BF2142 (seriously, DICE, '9' for parachute ).

Comment

But W and S is the forward/back keys for the UAV. What have you remapped those to?

Comment

Originally posted by Vreki
        But W and S is the forward/back keys for the UAV. What have you remapped those to?
        Yeah... I'm a little confused about that remapping strategy...

Comment

Well I was giving an example if you wanted to remap the keys to whatever you need, heh.

I don't use forward/backward, personally, I just fly it the way I flew the 2142 gunships; pitch forward and make it fly 'up' to go forward, mouse for roll, A/D for yaw. Then again I don't fly the UAV much since on Conquest the UAV is more of a 'Free Kill Here!' symbol.

Comment

Working...
          X