Steam Download or Retail Game?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Steam Download or Retail Game?

Hi, I bought BFBC2 on Steam, thinking that they will ship the CD and Box to your house. Well that changed. I had to download it for 5 hours. I think that is just a lazy way, like really; not everyone has super fast internet.

So game installed, played well for these past few days, till this:
    I play on a server for 15min and then it quits. Sometime, it quits when I join a server! Or when I get on a server!
    My friend bought off Gamestop (Or Gamespot??) I dunno but, anyhow, they have no issues, whatsoever.

It's bugging me that the problem is I downloaded it, and others have the retail game and CD. Like, they have a CD, and with that, the game will run faster because, they have a CD for the game to read off of. Other like Steam buyers have nothing, just a ***** game.

I think I'll just go to Walmart and buy the retail game. If this is not the issue, then someone please tell me.

Re: Steam Download or Retail Game?

Originally posted by KatyushaGeneral
    Hi, I bought BFBC2 on Steam, thinking that they will ship the CD and Box to your house. Well that changed. I had to download it for 5 hours. I think that is just a lazy way, like really; not everyone has super fast internet.

So game installed, played well for these past few days, till this:
    I play on a server for 15min and then it quits. Sometime, it quits when I join a server! Or when I get on a server!
    My friend bought off Gamestop (Or Gamespot??) I dunno but, anyhow, they have no issues, whatsoever.

It's bugging me that the problem is I downloaded it, and others have the retail game and CD. Like, they have a CD, and with that, the game will run faster because, they have a CD for the game to read off of. Other like Steam buyers have nothing, just a ***** game.

I think I'll just go to Walmart and buy the retail game. If this is not the issue, then someone please tell me.
    Doesn't matter if you bought the game from steam or gamestop, the only diffrance is the disc and the fact that you need to have steam running. The game itself is the same for everyone. The issues that exists right now effects everyone, not only steam buyers.

Comment

Yeah, dont blow your money unless you just want a hard copy. Its not going to make the issues go away.

Crunch
      Twitter: @CptainCrunch
      Battlelog/Origin: CptainCrunch

Comment

If anything, reading from a DVD would slow down your game, as a hard drive is way faster.
        And blaming Steam for not shipping DVDs? That is like blaming McDonalds for not selling Whoppers. The whole concept of Steam is based on downloading games instead of getting it on media.

Comment

Im not too sure, I think computers are getting worn out of use for gaming now.

Comment

Working...
          X