Class and kit discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Class and kit discussion

IMHO, Class and kit have been improved over BF2 and BF2142.

In BF2142, Assault class is overpowered with PK rockets and medic kit, and Engineer are nearly useless later when IO option was introduced.

There are simply too many classes in BF2 that complicate games so much that it stopped making any sense.

In BC2, they swapped the role of assault and support. It has somehow balanced the role between classes.

The other improvement is engineer class. I always hope that I can use wrench on enemy in 2142, and now you can. Heck, EA even put a dentist challenge on BFBC2 site. The splash damage of AT weapons are large enough to allow noobs like me to get some cheap kills.

Shotguns are overpowered in short range, and SMGs are underpowered in all ranges.

I haven't played assault yet and didn't have much luck on recon. Any thoughts?

Re: Class and kit discussion

SMGs are fine imo, engineers shouldn't be more deadly

Shotguns are fine imo, they should be the best close quarters weapon

I go through plenty of them with the M416 or M16A2

Comment

I dont like that recon is a just a sniper class. In BF2142, you had 2 tracks for each class kit, and you could have a special ops style of kits that was still effective.

Maybe I dont like it because I m not a very good sniper.

Comment

Originally posted by IcemanNorth
        I dont like that recon is a just a sniper class. In BF2142, you had 2 tracks for each class kit, and you could have a special ops style of kits that was still effective.

Maybe I dont like it because I m not a very good sniper.
        So...having an automatic sniper rifle (VSS) or shotgun availability isn't good enough or something?

Also, anyone that thinks Shotguns shouldnt be the best at close range needs to hang themselves

Comment

Shotguns are supposed to be overpowered in close range.

Really well balanced game so far, any major issues will show through time I guess...

Comment

Originally posted by Kalo
            So...having an automatic sniper rifle (VSS) or shotgun availability isn't good enough or something?

Also, anyone that thinks Shotguns shouldnt be the best at close range needs to hang themselves
            to be quite frank; using the tommy gun isn't as satisfying as using a smaller, modern SMG would be. You can't put optics on any of the all kit weapons.

Comment

Recons are not limited to snipers, they are also good Special Forces.

There are universal weapons, even as a private first class, i charge with Tommy gun and rush in houses with shotgun. If I want to play sniper but wish to support my squad from the back, I use the 88 semi auto or garand.

The C4 sticks are my "door-makers" around the game.

As for the medic class, I find the LMGs are unsuitable, they should be similar to BF2, give us some carbines AT LEAST! LMGs stink against assault on close range. I want my M16 back.

Comment

Originally posted by Amaranthuse
                Recons are not limited to snipers, they are also good Special Forces.

There are universal weapons, even as a private first class, i charge with Tommy gun and rush in houses with shotgun. If I want to play sniper but wish to support my squad from the back, I use the 88 semi auto or garand.

The C4 sticks are my "door-makers" around the game.

As for the medic class, I find the LMGs are unsuitable, they should be similar to BF2, give us some carbines AT LEAST! LMGs stink against assault on close range. I want my M16 back.
                M60/PKM/XM8 LMG. They're the best out of all of them bro.

Sethonan : Yeah, that pisses me off. And you can clearly see on a video for Nelson bay a player is using the G3 with an ACOG.

Comment

Is it too early to expect "overpowered, cheap, broken" threads or did they really got the classes/vehicles/roles/weapons more or less well?

Comment

Assault class is maybe less useful overall than a Medic (ammo vs heal/revive, both have good weapons) and the ZSU AA is **** with the burst fire when you need to take down a good Apache unless it was changed (didn't bother to try it after the beta). Otherwise, good balance so far. The only thing that annoyed me a little where on 1-2 maps with some annoying exploits (like the old pixel shooting came back with the BMD sitting behind a hill sniping your m-com).

Comment

the only problem with recon atm is the high level of smacktards that play the class

they just get a sniper rifle and do **** all for the entire map, sitting on a hill somewhere getting off pot shots and then firing rounds into the sky when a blackhawk appears like its fireworks night or something, see the map Isla Inocentes, I wonder if the designers of the blackhawk ever anticipated it would be up against an island of 12-16 10 year olds firing sniper rifles at it

hopefully when more players realise recon isn't just about sniping they may subside (although they make good free kills atm tbh), the best snipers I have seen are the ones that cover objectives, especially on attack, they can stop people defusing etc very easily, or on conquest the other day had a recon in my squad using the Saiga and his motion mine placement was brilliant

Comment

Originally posted by Chris_Redfield
                        Is it too early to expect "overpowered, cheap, broken" threads or did they really got the classes/vehicles/roles/weapons more or less well?
                        Dare I say better than any earlier BF game? I almost think so.

Comment

Originally posted by Chris_Redfield
                          They almost got it perfect; we need a sizeable sample of the player population with everything unlocked so we can see the uber combos; so far the trade off with "perks" is nice and balanced, if you munchkin your soldier too much it's less effective in a squad, but you maximize K/D. for example, the medic gets one skill for more range on the med hubs; and faster healing; you can't have both AND an optic enhancement.

Comment

Im also on the lookout for more medics with higher up weapons, come across a few with that M60 and it just seems to be a hold fire and kill everything gun

Comment

Originally posted by MrChris_CJ
                              the only problem with recon atm is the high level of smacktards that play the class

they just get a sniper rifle and do **** all for the entire map, sitting on a hill somewhere getting off pot shots and then firing rounds into the sky when a blackhawk appears like its fireworks night or something, see the map Isla Inocentes, I wonder if the designers of the blackhawk ever anticipated it would be up against an island of 12-16 10 year olds firing sniper rifles at it

hopefully when more players realise recon isn't just about sniping they may subside (although they make good free kills atm tbh), the best snipers I have seen are the ones that cover objectives, especially on attack, they can stop people defusing etc very easily, or on conquest the other day had a recon in my squad using the Saiga and his motion mine placement was brilliant
                              motion mines + shotty in close combat is where the sniper class shines imo.

Sure it's nice to have someone with a high powered rifle covering you, but 9/10 they are just looking to score a high k/d ratio and not provide any tactical support.

Comment

Working...
                              X