Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Map Design

Hey guys,

I played the beta pretty extensively, but to me Bad Company 2 just seemed way too linear. The map forced players into hot zones and didn't really give players the freedom that I've come to associate with the Battlefield series. Now, I'm debating on whether or not to purchase the game, so I was hoping some of you who have purchased it can give me a clear answer. Are the maps generally very linear, or was the beta just a bad example? Thanks.

Re: Map Design

The game mode in the beta didnt help the case that this game is in fact very linear, however when playing conquest this does change and you get the chance to flank and such as you did in BF2.

Comment

Originally posted by Kodakk
      Hey guys,

I played the beta pretty extensively, but to me Bad Company 2 just seemed way too linear. The map forced players into hot zones and didn't really give players the freedom that I've come to associate with the Battlefield series. Now, I'm debating on whether or not to purchase the game, so I was hoping some of you who have purchased it can give me a clear answer. Are the maps generally very linear, or was the beta just a bad example? Thanks.
      Sounds like you were playing the Beta, AKA RUSH...Which is defense oriented and forces you to take a path. Perhaps you need to remember there's more game modes . Conquest feels as good as all the other BF games if not better. Not to say the maps aren't linear but so were 2142s and a few BF2 ones.

Comment

Honestly, some of the CNQ maps are very poorly designed. If you let all the flags get captured there is only one road out of the spawn on some maps which makes for a nasty bottleneck when the other team boxes you in. There is virtually no way out.

Comment

I wish there were more flags in some of the CNQ maps. I miss having uncaptable bases and maybe 4 or 5 flags for the teams to fight over, not this A B C ****.

Comment

Originally posted by The_Eliminator
            I wish there were more flags in some of the CNQ maps. I miss having uncaptable bases and maybe 4 or 5 flags for the teams to fight over, not this A B C ****.
            I think player count is a factor in this. The big games in older BF titles had loads of flags to fight over. One thing BC1 conquest suffered from was the fact that the maps were too open. A lot of the time was spent running between flags rather than actually fighting. I agree that we need more flags tho (and higher player count )

Comment

Yeah rush is about objective . so it forces u to use some vehicles and to go some place.

Comment

No, dont get it.

Crunch
                Twitter: @CptainCrunch
                Battlelog/Origin: CptainCrunch

Comment

crunch what's gotten into you?

yes the RUSH isn't like the BF we have known on the PC. conquest will resemble it more but generally the maps are smaller than the large BF maps we are accustomed to.

Comment

Originally posted by Roamer
                    Honestly, some of the CNQ maps are very poorly designed. If you let all the flags get captured there is only one road out of the spawn on some maps which makes for a nasty bottleneck when the other team boxes you in. There is virtually no way out.
                    One of the conquest maps, the one that looks like isla innocentes, has these high cliffs surrounding the main base which makes it practically impossible to break out. Also what bugs me is why make the conquest maps so small, see Laguna Presa, compared to rush mode. And on almost every map the main base is too close to the flags. I truly hope we get some.

Fave maps so far are:

Atacama Desert, 3 small areas with open between them, and also probably the only map where main base isn't next to the first flag. The map is also wide so you can easily flank with humvee.

Panama Canal is also very good.

Comment

Originally posted by Minmaster
                      crunch what's gotten into you?

yes the RUSH isn't like the BF we have known on the PC. conquest will resemble it more but generally the maps are smaller than the large BF maps we are accustomed to.
                      Kodakk is not going to like it based on what he said. The maps are designed for fire fights and some quick action type events. Rush is very linear and conquest is a lot of close quarter fighting. The maps are large, but they really fill up on a 32 person server for sure.

Crunch
                      Twitter: @CptainCrunch
                      Battlelog/Origin: CptainCrunch

Comment

It depends a lot on different maps. Most of the conquest maps are pretty open, and flanking is very much possible (if that's what you want). Rush is definitely more linear by nature. That said, Port Valdez is most certainly the most linear of all the maps.

Map design is great in general though and I haven't found a single map that gives one team too much of an advantage. But small compared to say BF2.

24 players is the best personally... plenty of servers running it as well

Comment

I still see plenty of opportunities for flanking on Rush maps, but Port Valdez took the meaning of "linear" to the extreme however. Not all the maps are like that.

I like the game, you would too dude. lol.

Comment

Originally posted by Kylee!
                            I still see plenty of opportunities for flanking on Rush maps, but Port Valdez took the meaning of "linear" to the extreme however. Not all the maps are like that.

I like the game, you would too dude. lol.
                            Gime $50 and I'll play with you

Thanks for the info by the way guys, still debating though :dead:

Comment

Originally posted by Kodakk
                              Gime $50 and I'll play with you

Thanks for the info by the way guys, still debating though :dead:
                              Hey, you're in college, there's plenty of ways to make money. *wink*

Comment

Working...
                              X