Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What has changed with the Helicopter controls?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What has changed with the Helicopter controls?

The Helicopters in the Beta practically flew themselves, but after release I messed around with one on an empty server and it was much harder to keep it stable. Especially the pitch is harder to control.

But I cant pinpoint exactly what has changed, any ideas?

Re: What has changed with the Helicopter controls?

They probably changed it to make it more realistic. I havnt flown a helicopter yet, but the UAV has changed some

Comment

I have had no problems flying the choppers in the full game. Feels about the same, maybe a hair harder but that could also be simply because I was so used to flying on the one map.

Comment

Well it was mostly on a high-ping server, so input lag could be a part of the explanation.
        Its hard to explain how it felt different, it had an tendency to change pitch a lot when I changed direction.

I guess the official forum would be full of ranting if they changed it that much.

Comment

I flew the UAV earlier and it felt more stable to me, in the beta I had to turn the sensitivity down to be able to hit anything but I mowed a few people with the MG fine

it might have just been me though, I flew the blackhawk and it felt pretty much the same

Comment

I noticed that the released game has faster movement. Knifing is faster, the helis seem to move around a bit faster as well. Try adjusting your mouse sensitivity in the options and see if it corrects the issue.

Crunch
            Twitter: @CptainCrunch
            Battlelog/Origin: CptainCrunch

Comment

I felt it's really hard to roll sideways the helicopter since the stabilizer kicks in immediately. That makes the bf style strafing hard imo when combined with the slow sensitivity I'm using.

Is there flares on the Helicopters btw?

Comment

I found the choppers to be amazingly perfect in release. Almost the same maneuverability as in BF2, although the hell you unleash looks sooooo much more amazing.

Comment

Aircraft is incredibly easy to fly, you just can't take your hands off the controls and be fine like in the beta anymore.

Comment

Working...
                  X