How to ensure you're connecting to a low ping server

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to ensure you're connecting to a low ping server

The server browser is bunk right now, it's a miss mash of servers from all over the globe when you look at the list.

Start by using this link:

Use it to narrow down servers within your geographic location, use the in-game search field to search on them by name.

I click the server browser, then click cancel. Enter in the key words to search on, click search. Let it go for awhile, click cancel and then immediately click the search button again - it should now show the server you're searching on.

I've done this a couple of times and it's worked.

Don't bother with the "Join" button on that list, it doesn't work so installing Gametracker Lite would be a waste of time.

Re: How to ensure you're connecting to a low ping server

Don't know what it is, but DICE just can't seem to ever get the server browser down.

Comment

This should be a sticky I think

Comment

Originally posted by Area51
        Don't know what it is, but DICE just can't seem to ever get the server browser down.
        Once server favorites starts working it should be more manageable, I'm not holding out any hope on them actually implementing geographic filtering.

Glad this is helping some, It's sped up my server search time quite a bit.

Comment

Keep reading posts about people waiting for the server browser to come up and then getting frustrated with what it shows, servers in France when you live in Texas etc.

Use this work around solution.

Comment

Working...
          X