What is a Battlefield moment for you?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is a Battlefield moment for you?

We are all fans so this might be a biased open question; this is not about if BAttlefield is better than other FPS.

Just describe what is a Battlefield(tm) moment for you, and describe one of your own Battlefield(tm) moments.

For me it' the ability to play any role needed during combat, and the absurdity that comes with it, like hopping out of a plane/chopper and land headfirst on a tank, and drive away to cap a flag.

My last BF(tm) moment was running towards the uncappable in Operation Shingle and getting a faceful of Riesig, then zigzagging my way through the chaingun fire, jumping into a turret and blowing the walker away. That poor guy mus have lost a night of sleep after that.

Re: What is a Battlefield moment for you?

some of the things in this vid http://www.totalgamingnetwork.com/sh...-PC-beta-VIDEO

Comment

I havent played much Battlefield over the past 1.5 years, and leading a squad of my rookie-gamer friends in BF2 Demo was just good times with lots of teamwork, but one of the most impressive BF moment was in POE2. I dont remember the map name (fairly unpopular), I was flying a fighter around the map, looking for choppers and jets, when I saw a large number of tanks from my team (about 8-9 different armor vehicles, 2 of which were mobile anti air) moving in a column. I flew over the column at 400 metres to see what was going on and saw another column of enemy tanks, about as strong, facing my teams armor. That sight was ridiculously awesome, and just as I took a screenshot, a fight erupted down below. There are hundreds of moments like these scattered across all versions of BF2, some of its mods and even BF2142.

One of those moments capped on screen-

Armor column moving under the protective umbrella of a Gepard mobile STA.

Comment

Spawn in vehicle. Vehicle explodes 1 second later. Dead. 15 seconds...
        Spawn on the ground. Artillery strike. Dead. 15 seconds...
        Spawn on squad leader. Squad leader runs in opposite direction of the action. Run to nearest contested flag. Run into enemy squad. Take down 2 of them while somehow managing to dodge their fire. Whip out pistol and take down one more. Finish the last one off with the knife. Run over to revive the squad leader, who finally decided to join the fight. Hide from incoming tank. Artillery strike. Dead. 15 seconds...

Comment

Repairing you vehicle, just to have a teammate steal it and lose it in 10 seconds
          Having the pilot eject when we pass over his favourite sniping spot. Never fly Recon!

Comment

Server issues, Vehicles, and of course vehicle stealing.

Comment

Titan corridor spam. ^_^

Taking a silo, running around the corner, waiting for opponents to neutralize the silo, running back, killing them, collecting more points, capping silo again. ????? Profit.

Comment

BF:V, Operation Irving, as US Side. CAL 10v10 Semi-Finals Playoffs, our team ={EoW}= vs .xds

As US we started out with an airbase, F4 Phantom, 2 Huey Gunships, 1 Huey Slick + boats, we traveled across the sea and finally made a foothold on the important NVA plantation base, which contained the ZSU AA to counteract the US Air power. We lost the base as the NVA stormed us with superior wave of soldiers. Decided to storm back to the bridge when we should have attacked the hill, which cost us the match.

Or was the sides reversed?? Memories are fading.... must be the effects of Nam'

Comment

I've always had 1 moment in BF2 which I've considering "epic", it wasn't funny, it wasn't some kind of bug/glitch.

Me and a clan mate were playing Wake Island (Bf2), we spawned immediately for a boat to make a beach assault to the north, thinking we would be too quick for the enemy team, we were wrong! As we hit the shore, the enemy tank started hurling shells towards us, we hid behind the little sandbag hut desperately called for back up "We need backup do you copy?!?!".

And with second to spare, the Apache rises from the distance, we look at it, the rocket fires and annihilates the tank and a couple of infantry, it proceeded to swoop over and engage the enemy chopper.

It may not seem like much, but we was stuck with no where to go and with such epic timing it just swooped in and saved us. Me and my clanmate were on ts and we both basically said "that was ******* epic".

I guess you had to be there but the feeling that brought made it a "Battlefield Moment".

Comment

My current "moment" is not being able to even play this buggy *** release. Yah me!

Comment

A battlefield moment for me is: getting into a tank and shooting everthing thats moves. Getting out of it right before it explodes and running for my life as bullets are flying everywere. Entering a building and stab the sniper shooting out from the window on the second floor. Get on top of the building and use the mounted machine gun to kill a few other ppl. Give a medic pack to the squad member who just spawned on me and proceed to get to the TOW beside the building to take down the tank an enemy just got into. get killed by CptCrunch with a bullet right in between the eyes from a distance lol

Comment

Getting more kill assists than kills. Doing 90% damage to someone then having him run behind a building only to have a teammate finish him off with a pistol shot. Kills give me a guilty conscience, so kill assists means I'm helping my team and still being an all-around nice guy. :nod:

Comment

Those across the map sniper headshots on running infantry. Shooting aircraft out of the sky without the help of tracer darts or similar. Coming up behind a squad and knifing them all. Outcapping the other team (sadly you can't do this in BC2). Parachute kills. And so much more.

Just to throw in one I just had - can't remember the map name because the game is so new but I was on the attacking team on rush mode, our heli got shot down and I parachuted out just at the right moment to whizz past an enemy sitting at a stationary MG, I don't know if it was a reflex or not but I whipped out my knife and got him before I even landed.

Comment

Working...
                          X