Sound, connection and sluggish browser issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sound, connection and sluggish browser issues

Ok so I've seen that other people have had browser and connection issues, but I am also having sound issues. The sound is REALLY LOW and even then, the gun sounds only come out of my right speaker. My sub woofer isn't really picking up any bass to speak of. The volume on the game and PC is all the way up. Any thoughts? I've already reinstalled once.

Re: Sound, connection and sluggish browser issues

Check your speaker configuration sounds like its set to stereo.

Comment

Still giving me the same issue. I have a 2.1 speaker system (2 speakers, one subwoofer). This is the only game in which the sound is like this.. DAMMIT EA!!

Comment

Have you updated your audio drivers? Try that if not.

Comment

Have look at this thread, maybe overridng the autodetect can help you? http://forums.electronicarts.co.uk/b...ker-count.html

Speakercount=0 sets the game to auto detect, which it's not very good at.

I think it's a windows issue where the game can't detect the correct setting from the windows control panel.

However, setting the speakercount manually will never hurt and in most cases will give the superior sound, as intended by DICE.

Speaker count=6 for 5.1 systems.
          Speaker count=4 for 4.1/quadraphonic systems.
          Speaker count=2 for 2.1/stereo systems.

Comment

Originally posted by Vreki
            Have look at this thread, maybe overridng the autodetect can help you? http://forums.electronicarts.co.uk/b...ker-count.html
            I can't find the folder settings.ini

Comment

Its a file in /Documents/BFBC2

Comment

Excellent! I got it fixed. Now just have to wait for EA to release a fix for this connection mess.

Comment

It seems to be getting a bit better. I can get into a game at least 50% of the time now.

One thing I did was read was not to start messing with your PC settings as it's definitely an EA server issue.

Comment

Working...
                  X