Dream Setup for BBC2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dream Setup for BBC2

Just checked and this game is now supported with ATI's new Eyefinity setup off one video card! I just got my 5870 GPU but don't have 3 monitors yet, but imagine playing this game on 3 monitors, with an FOV of 120 or more. The peripheral vision would be amazing!

Here's what I'm talking about.

Get the competitive edge for AI, data center, business computing solutions & gaming with AMD processors, graphics, FPGAs, Adaptive SOCs, & software.

I mean think about this for a second. You could get 3 cheap 19 or 20 inch monitors and simply rock this game

Games currently supported: http://support.amd.com/us/eyefinity/...-software.aspx (BBC2 can be run at 5760x1200 or 7680x1600 on a single card.

Truely amazing.

Saving up for my new mobo, CPU and RAM, then 2 more 24 inch monitors and wow.

OK I'll calm down now.

Re: Dream Setup for BBC2

It looks very nice, but there are two things that worry me, beside the initial cost:

*You will be tied to ATI . Upgrade to Nvidia and 2 of your monitors become useless
    *The cost of each upgrade will be doubled, since you need twice the GFX power of you normal setup (according to tests on the net)

But still, if you knew BC2 would be you primary game for the next 3 years................

Comment

Is BBC2 your favourtie channel?

Comment

Excellent points. The odd thing is at this moment the Eye Infinity set up DOES NOT support 2 ATI cards via cross fire which is a bit wierd. I.e. you can only run it with ONE video card so I'm sure FPS would take a serious hit so good point.

Comment

Originally posted by alextaylor29
          Excellent points. The odd thing is at this moment the Eye Infinity set up DOES NOT support 2 ATI cards via cross fire which is a bit wierd. I.e. you can only run it with ONE video card so I'm sure FPS would take a serious hit so good point.
          depends on the single card, a 5850 would probably struggle, 5870 should be alright and a rare 5970 will have no problems.

also eyefinity + crossfire is to be addressed in a future catalyst release so it will be there eventually.

Comment

Originally posted by Scinto
            depends on the single card, a 5850 would probably struggle, 5870 should be alright and a rare 5970 will have no problems.

also eyefinity + crossfire is to be addressed in a future catalyst release so it will be there eventually.
            But would a 5970 work without Crossfire support? After all it is two 5850 on one card.

This is a very clever move from ATI. Just when most games runs well on midrange cards, they find a way to double the requirements

Comment

Originally posted by Vreki
              But would a 5970 work without Crossfire support? After all it is two 5850 on one card.

A single card would work fine, it is essentially a single card, add a 2nd and you will enter problems until they fix it

This is a very clever move from ATI. Just when most games runs well on midrange cards, they find a way to double the requirements
              For those that have the money it will be like future proofing as there is bound to be more games that will look nicer this way.

Comment

Originally posted by Scinto
                For those that have the money it will be like future proofing as there is bound to be more games that will look nicer this way.
                I am sceptical of the "future proofing". When games arrive that tax the 5850 in standard mode, even the mighty 5970 will be taxed in Eyefinity.
                But I still want one

Comment

Borders would drive me crazy, no thank you.

Comment

Originally posted by Indecisi0n
                    Borders would drive me crazy, no thank you.
                    I think the human mind can easily abstract from that kind of thing.
                    Does driving a car drive you crazy? It too has thick borders between the windows.

Comment

I would never spend that much money just so I can setup with three monitors...

Its almost as silly as the guy with 20 WoW accounts on 20 different computers. I think its just nerd lame lol.

Just IMO... *shrug*

Comment

I am happy to play on my Samsung 275T 27inch LCD at 1920x1200 hoooo yea Colours are amazing and the image superb !! The draw back tho is that i cant put antialiasing at all because it cause a huge lag in my mouse when i move... i have a 4870x2 and still cant play with full AL damn this game is power hungry

Comment

really?

I have one 4870HD and can play all high with decent FPS?

Comment

Wonder if some people have forgotten to change the dxversion down to 9 from auto since its a new install and all.

Comment

Im still running XP so i can only play dx9 which might be why?

Comment

Working...
                              X