Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Communication rose in BFBC2 PC. -aka- YES, NO, THANKS, FOLLOW ME, NEED A PICKUP, etc.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Communication rose in BFBC2 PC. -aka- YES, NO, THANKS, FOLLOW ME, NEED A PICKUP, etc.

Is it similar to what was in BF2?
    Or is it all automatically done by the game itself?

Thanks,
    ~Q~

Re: Communication rose in BFBC2 PC. -aka- YES, NO, THANKS, FOLLOW ME, NEED A PICKUP,

You Q spot your target depending on the situation. If you need ammo, you q spot an assault player. Same goes for medic. If you need a ride, you q spot a vehicle.

Comment

Re: Communication rose in BFBC2 PC. -aka- YES, NO, THANKS, FOLLOW ME, NEED A PICKUP,

Originally posted by QUINT
      Is it similar to what was in BF2?
      Or is it all automatically done by the game itself?

Thanks,
      ~Q~
      The answer is in your sig

Comment

Quite frankly I don't know why they removed it. Now you can't say to get out if the vehicle is going to be destroyed, to go, to follow, ask for medic/ammo from a safe place, etc. Even on console they could have added it, like for spotting you press the spot key and for the commo-rose to appear you hold on the key.

Comment

I do agree it would have been a much better idea. We might see it in later patches maybe.

Comment

I aggree... we need to bring it back. Id liked to be able to tell people in a vehicule to get out when were about to get blown out... also thanks and follow me stuff like bf2142 or bf2

Comment

I really enjoyed being able to thank people who weren't in my squad or use "yes" and "no" when I didn't have a mic handy to confirm I was followed a SL's orders.

I do like how you can request assistance from whatever class you're looking at and it notifies them. That's rather handy, but a few other options would be nice too.

Comment

I played last night for the first time and this was easily to most annoying part. Why change something that worked so well? I don't want to have to look for someone to ask for ammo. Just let me shout it out. Other players are pretty good about responding. Like Jake said... great for basic comm without a mic.

Please bring this back!

Comment

LOL, I was trying to get someone to respond to me and kept asking why I couldn't bring it up. Guess that answers that. That was easy one of the most useful parts of BF2 that I wished more games would use (way better the the 1942 function key navi).

Comment

It sounds like a straight port from the console too. Something you can map to an Xbox 360 controller on your Win PC

Comment

Originally posted by samchoc
                      I aggree... we need to bring it back. Id liked to be able to tell people in a vehicule to get out when were about to get blown out... also thanks and follow me stuff like bf2142 or bf2
                      bring it back? it was never in.. Bad Company 1 didnt have it in and Bad Company 2 is a sequal to BC1

Comment

Originally posted by Fish
                        bring it back? it was never in.. Bad Company 1 didnt have it in and Bad Company 2 is a sequal to BC1
                        Oh come on man, you know exactly what he's talking about, and if not, here it is ...

BC1 wasn't for PC, ala, the reason it didn't have it. If it wasn't a console port, it could have been/should have been added in BC2 at least on the PC side of things.
                        Console & PC don't need to be exactly the same where one has something the other doesn't. You pick the platform you want to play it on for your own reasoning, EA doesn't need to dumb down the PC version because it's also on Console.

Comment

Originally posted by Infernalis
                          Quite frankly I don't know why they removed it. Now you can't say to get out if the vehicle is going to be destroyed, to go, to follow, ask for medic/ammo from a safe place, etc. Even on console they could have added it, like for spotting you press the spot key and for the commo-rose to appear you hold on the key.
                          That's because, despite a few minor changes and tweaks, this game was ported from the console version.

Comment

So it is not in BC2 because it wasn't in BC1. But why wasn't it in BC1?
                            It seems far superior to the current solution, without increasing the complexity.
                            In the BF2142 commo rose you still have this autospot feature, if you just spot without selecting an option.

Comment

Well I definitely need an "I'm sorry!" for all the times I TK someone when they walk in front of me while shooting or when I'm a little to amped and put a bullet in a friendly when they run around a corner suddenly.

Comment

Working...
                              X