Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: FOV confirmed for day one patch

Originally posted by Scinto
    Because I deleted the post and reposted.
    Well it didn't help much. The new gallery is a mess, it takes like 20 steps to get something uploaded and ready.
    Use imageshack

Comment

Originally posted by Vreki
      Well it didn't help much. The new gallery is a mess, it takes like 20 steps to get something uploaded and ready.
      Use imageshack
      Normally I'd use Photobucket but each image I post doesn't shrink with a "Click to view full screen" bar ontop.

The image gallery ain't that hard to use

Comment

I took some screenshots of the FoV increase starting from 55 and ending at 200 increasing at intervals of 20, tbh I didn't notice any difference after 115 so perhaps higher requires Eyefinity.
        Are you standing in the exact same spot in each screenshot? It looks like the smaller FOV has much more zoom.

Comment

Originally posted by Vreki
          Are you standing in the exact same spot in each screenshot? It looks like the smaller FOV has much more zoom.
          Yeh same spot,

Comment

Smaller fov basically means more zoom, but less peripheral vision.

That's why I'm so happy they allow a fairly large fov, because it's not at all an 100% advantage. That's why games where you can set whatever fov you want are awesome.

Comment

I took some screenshots of the FoV increase starting from 55 and ending at 200 increasing at intervals of 20, tbh I didn't notice any difference after 115 so perhaps higher requires Eyefinity.

Fov 55

Fov 75

Fov 95

Fov 115

Fov 135

Fov 155

Fov 175

Fov 200

Edit; If for some reason you cant see the attachments heres a direct link to them.

Fov 55
              Fov 75
              Fov 95
              Fov 115
              Fov 135
              Fov 155
              Fov 175
              Fov 200
              CQB situations - you want FOV set to 200
              Long range combat - you want FOV 55.

Do you know what? I don't like I can change that anytime, because in order to be effective you'll have to be changing it all the time. Higher FOV basically negates the zoom of a smaller ACOG scope, while people constanly adjusting it won't need any scope.

Comment

I tried it at 115 and it seemed like I was running like Flash oh and my graphics card had a hissy fit so it gave my artifacts.. so I had to lower it to 90 and it works nicely, I don't think that I will run it any higher.

Comment

i dont think i will keep it at the current FOV but i wont go anywhere near 200, i think i will level out at around 80-90 as scinto said.

Comment

Originally posted by Jonathan_Archer_nx01
                    CQB situations - you want FOV set to 200
                    Long range combat - you want FOV 55.

Do you know what? I don't like I can change that anytime, because in order to be effective you'll have to be changing it all the time. Higher FOV basically negates the zoom of a smaller ACOG scope, while people constanly adjusting it won't need any scope.
                    Buuut you can't change fov on the fly to my understanding, so setting it to a fov you feel most comfortable with is probably the best idea.

Comment

Borderlands FOV would magically change on the fly, but thats an entirely different scenario lol

I noticed the lower FOV in the beta but strangely it wasn't as big an annoyance as I thought but I will gladly go back to around a 90 degree FOV

low FOV can make me nauseous as well sometimes

Comment

Originally posted by iQue
                        Buuut you can't change fov on the fly to my understanding, so setting it to a fov you feel most comfortable with is probably the best idea.
                        That makes things even worse. From now I'll be constantly considering disconnecting from game, changing FOV and reconnecting whenever map changes.

Originally posted by MrChris_CJ
                        Borderlands FOV would magically change on the fly, but thats an entirely different scenario lol

I noticed the lower FOV in the beta but strangely it wasn't as big an annoyance as I thought but I will gladly go back to around a 90 degree FOV

low FOV can make me nauseous as well sometimes
                        It made battling against snipers with automatic weapons hell a lot easier tho.

Comment

Originally posted by Jonathan_Archer_nx01
                          That makes things even worse. From now I'll be constantly considering disconnecting from game, changing FOV and reconnecting whenever map changes.
                          ...?

Comment

Working...
                          X