No announcement yet.

Seriously Considering Buying This Game!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Seriously Considering Buying This Game!

Originally posted by Basil.
    This is what you need to do if you have a legit copy.

Do you know the make of your motherboard?
    AsRock, Nvidia chipset. But I've already tried reinstalling that.

Comment

Could it be that the CD drive is broken? Do other discs work?

Comment

Originally posted by CptainCrunch
        I had the same problem with my new system a few years back. It had to do with my chipset software and having to install the Storage Manager for Intel. Intel being my chipset. Once I did that, no problems.

Crunch
        Hey, I was bored with BC2 and tried unistalling my IDE driver. Since then I've been able to play the game(BF2142). The trouble is I need that driver because without it my HDD is very slow and there are some other issues as well. So should I get a newer version or something?

Anyway, it is all well worth it, because I'm simply blown away by Battlefield 2142. There's so many possibilities, this is a properly brilliant Battlefield game. I can't get enough of the Titan mod, loving it!

Btw. What is "Storage Manager", Cpt. Crunch? I've never heard of it. Could be a language barrier though.

Comment

The program Intel uses is called The Intel Storage Manager Software. You can find it on Intels website. They recently changed the name of it to Intel Rapid Storage Technology. Its just software for the OS.

And yes, you should find the latest drivers as well as that storage manager software.

Crunch
          Twitter: @CptainCrunch
          Battlelog/Origin: CptainCrunch

Comment

But I don't have an Intel chipset or CPU.

Comment

Thats OK. Go to Nvidias website and check out their chipset software. Even though its not intel, they all still have chipset software and possibly other things like what Intel has.

Crunch
              Twitter: @CptainCrunch
              Battlelog/Origin: CptainCrunch

Comment

Working...
              X