Sniper(Recon) is useless?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sniper(Recon) is useless?

Most of the gameplay ive seen is run and gun!,More than BF2.

Is sniper going to be useless with peeps running around like their pants are on fire?:hmm:,I mean trying to aim thru a scope and people dont even stop for a second.

Re: Sniper(Recon) is useless?

Kits are customizeable and well you can be efficient as a sniper, the Gilly suit hides well..

Comment

The mortar strike is very helpful.In the beta i used the shotty with mortar strike,it proved to be a good combination.

Comment

Heck no they are'nt useless. When you are recon, you are a ninja. Think like a ninja. Be like a ninja. Kill like a ninja.

You spot and give away positions.
        You bring death at great distances.
        You set traps for the enemy to fall into.
        You show engineers the futility of repairing that tank.
        You show medics the foolishness of coming to the open to help their comrades.
        You show assault the irrational decision of "run n gun".

Then, and only then, are you Recon.

:weo:

Crunch
        Twitter: @CptainCrunch
        Battlelog/Origin: CptainCrunch

Comment

Originally posted by Rambo
          Most of the gameplay ive seen is run and gun!,More than BF2.

Is sniper going to be useless with peeps running around like their pants are on fire?:hmm:,I mean trying to aim thru a scope and people dont even stop for a second.
          lol. Did everyone just stand still in BF2?

Comment

Being Sniper in BF2 was a nightmare, everybody runs around like high on cocaine, caffeine and meth, while on a sugar rush.

Comment

I find it much easier to play Recon in BC2 than BF2.

The smaller heads and dodgy hitboxes made it so random...

Comment

I would hardly call them useless. I'm always getting sniped.

They are only useless when half of your team is suppose to be Attacking, and they are just sitting back sniping, from the top of the hill. Or trying to Run and Gun with a Sniper rifle. lol

Comment

A good sniper is a huge asset to your team if they play correctly. Which is rare. But a recon class has the ability to spot everything on the map for their team. A good sniper & Uav pilot = gg for the enemy.

Comment

Recon has the greatest potential for being useless, not the least because it always attracts lone wolves.
                    But if you want to play as a sniper, you need to be able to hit a moving target. Having half the enemy team playing sniper will quickly teach people that it is inadvisable to stand still.

Comment

Aim better.

Not to sound like an *** but recon is a class that demands good aim to be played efficiently... which is why the majority of snipers are about as useful as a headache

Comment

Actually being a run and gun sniper in this game is VERY easy, its what i used to do all the time, get right up in the action and take down players with one shot. Got haps of points and ended near the top of the board most times.

Comment

I don't get the whole run and gun ideal? There is plenty of stationary defensive action as well as attacking etc

and Recon is perfectly useful with a sniper but its like iQue says, luckily most of the nabjes can't aim for ****

In the PS3 beta I liked using recon with something like the AA12, although the assault class can get the C4 as well with that gun the addition of the motion mines was really useful

Comment

YOU'RE NOT A SNIPER. you are recon!! As the video says.

No the Recon class is extremely useful if you have a squad to work with you can cause the other team hell.

Comment

Sniper is ridiculous actually... on one round I spawned in just as the attackers took our first M-COM, jumped in before they took it so it became their spawn area. Managed 11 kills in a few short minutes by running around with the WWii pistol and M24, before stealing their tank and then killing more and ending the game by defending our new stations with it.

There's practically no deviation on no-scope shots for the sniper and most tend to be 1 hit kills with it (I easily shot an enemy off a moving Quadbike just by centering him on screen as he was travelling towards me - although it was a HS)...- I'd almost argue that it rivals the shotguns in that respect, teamed with the pistol that can take down in 2 or 3 shots from full health and it's actually a beastly kit setup provided you don't miss your no-scopes when caught short sniping. Not to mention C4 and mortar can render enemy vehicles useless if you're smart with them. If anything it's one of my favourite kits.

Comment

Working...
                              X