Server Questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Server Questions

ok i have a question will EA do the same type rule system like they did in bf2. where when you rent a server and like if you were an abusive admin. or did things that were not allowed in there TOS. they can have your server shutdown like they could in bf2. i do remember this because i ran servers in bf2 and had to be careful.
    im just wondering if they will do the same thing this go around.

Re: Server Questions

I would assume they would, but as for enforcement good luck.. look at all the Knfie Servers and weapon only servers that are still running...

Comment

yeah knife only servers were very bad in bf 2142 i got banned from a few for using the walkers lol. wasnt there a thing in the tos that was agenst hopping as well?

but i was just kind of curious if they were going to try an do the same thing

Comment

I've never heard of any BF2 servers that were shut down for rule violations. servers = money coming into EA. the only action taken was to reset stats of players.
        "Crunch's First Officer"
        twitter: @signaprime

Comment

I can't ever recall hearing of a BF2142 server that was ever shut down.

Comment

Originally posted by jake_
            THIS!

The ROE is pointless if they make no attempt at re-enforcing it.

Comment

It wouldnt be EA shutting the servers down, its would be the RSP's, I've seen them be removed by RSP when the server has broken the ToS, not all of them do it ofcourse.

Comment

Yeah, I know of a number of servers that were shut down due to ToS violations.

It does happen, just rare unfortunatly.

Crunch
                Twitter: @CptainCrunch
                Battlelog/Origin: CptainCrunch

Comment

i do recall a clan that used to play with us on our server. the reason behind this was because there bf2 server got shutdown. due to violation of the ROE abusive admins and stat padding. the members were kicked from the clan after getting there server shutdown.

me as an admin on my server we played ghost town alot i was always giving warnings. and kicking people for camping the uncap base with the apache. then if that didnt work it usualy led into a ban. for some reason that map was bad about that

Comment

I liked playing knife - pistol only servers once in a while... its fun

Comment

Originally posted by jake_
                      I think the =SWAT= server had issues because they disallowed APMs and someone complained to EA or something. I just remember something on their website referring to the TOS due to the whole APM ban. Granted it was a popular server and a lot of people may have been banned from the server and complained. I'm sure a few little complaints won't get you anywhere.

Comment

Working...
                      X