This game cannot be perfect...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: This game cannot be perfect...

Damn! nobody in the PS3 demo did this; I suffered it from the PC beta.

We reported it to DICE obviously, it was asked that the UAV damaged the chopper but exploded too; and yes, this is both unrealistic and lame, but I don't think DICE expected people to ram the apache with the UAV toy ever.

Expletive, and you seen chopper accident videos? they are fragile things, you don't need a lot to take one down. In-game the pilot should get the chance to wrestle control back, or the UAV bump should be more localized, like hitting the tail rottor, to get such a dramatic effect.

EDIT: ok, both times the UAV pilot ran INTO the main rotor; that's enough to take down a chopper in real life. UAV should get destroyed too tough. I agree the physics of it are wrong, since it bumps the chopper more than destroy the rotor blades; but it's not ridiculous by any means.

Comment

The movement is slow and clunky.

Comment

Originally posted by Lordsethonan
        Besides what crunch said; the chopper features somewhat realistic flight physics this time around; so no, it's not more "arcadey". It has good controls, please quit to talk the game down because it doesn't fit your tastes. Saying "I don't like the flight controls, I can't get used to them" is sufficient to convey your insatisfaction with the game's controls; so if you are not willing to put some time in to learn how it drives this time around that's ok too; but please leave the negative comments aside.
        this thread is about the flaws of the game. what other sort of comment should i be leaving besides a negative one? And yes, it is more arcadey. Fly a chopper in bf2 and then fly one in bc2. You will notice that one feels a little like a chopper and the other feels like a floating turret. My problem isn't that i cant get used to the controls, its that they are too easy to get used to. There is barely any learning curve (the main thing that makes a game worth playing for more than a couple hours)

Comment

I find multiplayer to be boring but I have a feeling retail and up coming patches will be better.

Comment

I can summarize this thread in a 3 words "BFBC2 or CoDMW2"

Comment

Originally posted by flippy199
              this thread is about the flaws of the game. what other sort of comment should i be leaving besides a negative one? And yes, it is more arcadey. Fly a chopper in bf2 and then fly one in bc2. You will notice that one feels a little like a chopper and the other feels like a floating turret. My problem isn't that i cant get used to the controls, its that they are too easy to get used to. There is barely any learning curve (the main thing that makes a game worth playing for more than a couple hours)
              I fly the BF2 chopper and to me the BC2 one feels heaver and not floating around. Do a barrel roll in it. Turn quickly on axis. You can't, but you can in BF2.

I also think its easier for you because you know how to fly the chopper from BF2. I saw MANY people do the backwards flip when the game came out, just like in BF2 for the first time chopper pilots.

I still think its strange that I think the heli is heavier. Are your gaming mice set to max or high dpi?

Crunch
              Twitter: @CptainCrunch
              Battlelog/Origin: CptainCrunch

Comment

They think it's floaty cos it starts getting inertia after you bank or roll; you can choose to fight it or let the auto estabilizer do its work.

Yeah it's noob friendly in that regard, but letting the estabilizer level you, nets you a full face of RPG rockets.

Comment

Hmmm, I must fight it a lot then

Crunch
                  Twitter: @CptainCrunch
                  Battlelog/Origin: CptainCrunch

Comment

Originally posted by flippy199
                    fly the apache in SF and it feels alot like the apache in BFBC2.

Comment

Working...
                    X