Clear All

• What should I do?

I have a
    Core2duo 2.4ghz
    4gb RAM
    8800GTX
    26 inch asus screen
    Windows 7 professional

I know its a beta but should I upgrade so like a quad core or something because in the beta I am not running smoothly at all. Getting low low FPS. Everything is put on low and have the everything off. Running the lowest resolution possible and I change the sound setting to headphones. I am still getting extremely laggy and not smooth play. Should I wait til the full game comes out to see if it gets better or what?

Re: What should I do?

Put an overclock on the CPU ~3 GHZ
    Overclock the GPU a bit

You should be able to get decent FPS on low. There must be something wrong there. That is a decent setup.

Comment

How would i be able to do this safely without messing anything up.

Another thing, could it just be that its the beta and that the full game will be way different...performance wise?

Comment

Originally posted by 0Zero
        How would i be able to do this safely without messing anything up.

Another thing, could it just be that its the beta and that the full game will be way different...performance wise?
        Well if you don't have any experience with playing with your BIOs you better not. If you want to look into it, just google overclocking and probably your CPU chip / motherboard.

Retail will be better optimized! Don't worry.

Comment

Go ask people in the tech center. They know their stuff (or at least used to when Alex98uk was around) and are willing to help, unlike me.

Comment

I have a
            Core2duo 2.4ghz
            4gb RAM
            8800GTX
            26 inch asus screen
            Windows 7 professional

I know its a beta but should I upgrade so like a quad core or something because in the beta I am not running smoothly at all. Getting low low FPS. Everything is put on low and have the everything off. Running the lowest resolution possible and I change the sound setting to headphones. I am still getting extremely laggy and not smooth play. Should I wait til the full game comes out to see if it gets better or what?
            that's surprising, your above the min requirements and your rig isn't horrible. I would wait for release, I'm sure with all the optimizations it will run a lot smoother.

Also, go check out the techies.

Comment

I should add that I have a C2D OC'd to 2.8 ghz, 2gb RAM, and a 8800GT. I'm running on default settings except that I bumped up the resolution to 1280x1024.

Runs smoothly.

edit: OK, here's some useful advice. When was the last time you updated your drivers? Go update them if you haven't done so in a long time.

Comment

It is possible. Wait and see, its only a week (althoug a very long one)

Comment

The problem is probably that he is running at 1920x1080. I run at 1440x900, and no lag is observed (Phenom 9850 & 9800GTX+). Also this is a online game, bad connections are the main cause of lag.

Comment

I am running at the lowest resolution possible. I'll just have to wait til the release of the game to see if i need to upgrade to quadcore or not.

BTW...I just overclocked my CPU to 2.6 so that might add a performance boost there.

Comment

To be perfectly honest, I think you'd benefit from getting a quad-core. My friend has a 5770(Pretty good ATI card) with a 2.2Ghz core 2 duo, and it's bottlenecking the hell out of his graphics card. He's not on a high resolution though, but I forgot what it was.

If you're not use to overclocking, don't do it untill you're VERY informed on the details of OCing. You don't want to brick one of your parts.

Comment

LOL...

My specs-

C2D T5600
                        1 GB of RAM
                        ATi X1600

I run on min at 40-50 FPS, this game is amazing once you ditch the graphical setup interface and do some tweaking. Amazing in the sense that its well scalable. Its been a long time since I saw a console port actually run well on minimum settings.

Did you do any research, like actually Googling for people having similar issues with a similar setup?

Comment

I'm not sure if I may post my setup here, but maybe someone can tell me if at least I SHOULD be able to run the game smoothly.
                          Currently I am running it @ 30 FPS on an empty server and @ 15 - 20 FPS with 32 ppl and loads of action and destruction. Newest drivers, game settings all on low.

Intel Core2Duo E7500 @ 2.93GHz 45nM
                          3.5GB Ram (actually 4, but XP seems to not acknowledge this.)
                          Inno3D GeForce 9800GT 512MB (latest drivers from nvidia.com)
                          Windows XP Professional SP3

Comment

There are some overclocking threads in the guides section:

Homepage for Total Gaming Network and CS-Nation. Get the latest video game news, previews, and reviews on a daily basis.
                            "Crunch's First Officer"
                            twitter: @signaprime

Comment

Originally posted by Chris_Redfield
                              LOL...

My specs-

C2D T5600
                              1 GB of RAM
                              ATi X1600

I run on min at 40-50 FPS, this game is amazing once you ditch the graphical setup interface and do some tweaking. Amazing in the sense that its well scalable. Its been a long time since I saw a console port actually run well on minimum settings.

Did you do any research, like actually Googling for people having similar issues with a similar setup?
                              This makes me angry.

I have a 2.4 dual core, a 9800GTX, and 2 GB of RAM and my frames are amazing if no one else is in the server.

As soon as you start getting into some action, or if the player count goes up, my frames drop considerably and it gets very unstable.

Comment

Working...
                              X