Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Getting better performance. Heavy Anti Virus.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Getting better performance. Heavy Anti Virus.

Hello. I'n my old pc my antivirus sometimes really mad my performance go down.And has i wanted to get a few more fps in bfbc2,(im right now using Norton, wich is a heavy crap on cpu) even if it wont giveme 1 fps of performance i wont mind, i just think norton is too heavy.
    ANd as i am bored of earing peopl asking for the "best antivirus" because the best antivirus is just to turn off the pc and that way we wont get mallware... i'll ask : Whats the fastest antivirus????
    i mean..... WHat do you think it will be the smoothest antivirus?? The most light antivirus?? Of course i want a good antivirus, and speccialy one that doesnt give me fake advices, but what i'm really looking for, is an antivirus that is light and will give me the most performance i can have.(i hope ill get more performance at bfbc xD)

Right now i'm between AVG and ESET. I heard ESET was very light and a pretty good antivirus.
    I used avg before and its problem were the fake advices.

Anyway. Just tell me what you know, what you think , what you use, and whats ur opinion.

Once again, thank u people.

Re: Getting better performance. Heavy Anti Virus.

Avast has a gamer mode option, its what I use. I think its what most use here also.

Ive never seen NoD do anything, ever! I dont know what it does, but Ive never seen it catch or contain anything. It is lite and a lot of people swear by it, but I would like to see it do something.

Crunch
    Twitter: @CptainCrunch
    Battlelog/Origin: CptainCrunch

Comment

I personally don't like norton but it does have a "gaming edition" that knows when you go into game. I guess they have made improvements since I decided it was horrible. As the new versions actually use very small amount of memory and cpu. There are certain modes that will destroy gaming performance though. I think most of the time it has to do with firewalls and scanning programs for unnamed or new viruses that haven't been labeled/discovered.

A few other programs have gaming modes like bitdefender.

Kaspersky is what I switched to back when antivirus was giving my games problems.
      AVG isn't as gamer friendly as the others.

NOD32 isn't what I'm using right now but it is my favorite. I havn't had a problem running any AV program for a while now so I don't know how well it does on systems that need the extra boost.

Comment

Thanks both. So. I now dont know... Avast or ESET NOD?? I would like to ear more opinions.

Comment

Avast is a good program it is what I'm currently using also.

Comment

Avast is the way to go.

Comment

Originally posted by CptainCrunch
              Avast has a gamer mode option, its what I use. I think its what most use here also.

Ive never seen NoD do anything, ever! I dont know what it does, but Ive never seen it catch or contain anything. It is lite and a lot of people swear by it, but I would like to see it do something.

Crunch
              I'm using Eset Smart Security and it works great. I have seen it do a lot, for example when there was a virus on this website. So far I have not been getting any false positives, like I got with AVG all the time. The firewall is also working great, doing everything I want it to do. It is easy to set rules and the only problem I've really had was with utorrent, but that was fixed.

Using the free version of avast on another computer but I really have no experience with it.

Comment

i use microsoft security essentials... free and frequent updates.

Comment

Originally posted by Minmaster
                  i use microsoft security essentials... free and frequent updates.
                  Seconded. It's fast, unobtrusive, and does its job great.

Anti-malware testing group AV-Comparatives.org not only gave Microsoft Security Essentials a top rating for malware removal, but now they've given i

Comment

Best antivirus is no antivirus.

Microsoft security essentials ain't too bad tho.

Comment

I use Kaspersky it give you an option to exempt chosen apps from monitoring in antivirus and in the firewall. No cpu impact at all!

Comment

Discover a range of award-winning security, privacy & performance tools for all devices • Antivirus • VPN • System Speedup • Mobile & more. Download now

Comment

PEOPLE ur making me confuse!! XD.
                          I dont know, between avast or eset????? i was like 30% avast - eset 70% but now i'm 50/50 xD!!!! So, the final decision is about performance. i dont care now about the rest. Wich one will be the lighter? the faster? the most soft in games, the one that as the less impact on cpu????!?!.

Thanks once again.

Comment

Comment

Avast or ESET.

Comment

Working...
                              X