32 player servers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 32 player servers

About a decade ago (year 2000), I (most of us) started playing in 64 player servers, and modems still existed. Playing on Ofp even had 32 vs 32. A game (do not have on mind) had 150 player servers (75 vs 75), And today we still do play on 64 player servers, example... BF2142. Looking into an updated Fps game (examples: Operation Flashpoint2: DR, BF:BC2...ect), they advertise max of 32 player servers. Ofp2Dr is a dead game now, so I am deciding on BF:BC2, and begin to question none stop. What is with only 32 player servers only (max) and huge maps? What is happening? We going backwards? Can we put our dail up modems back on (lmao)? Disconnect our high speed internet? We should be up to 128+ servers now? If only in Afghanistan or even Irag, can only have 32 people in a battlefield.

Re: 32 player servers

I think with the new graphic intensity, exploding buildings, vehicles, terrains, and the intense fire fights that now take place, the servers simply can't handle it for more than 32. IF you look at those that you used as an example you will find that structures remained unscathed and the graphics were drastically more simplistic than what you find today.
    I still play Joint Operations, which graphically pale in comparison to MW, MW2, and BFBC2, but I can give that up for playing in the 200 man servers. It's all in what you are willing to sacrifice for game play.

Comment

Working...
    X