No Commander?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No Commander?

So there isn't a commander in the beta... has there been any word why there isn't one or if they will be including the position in the full game?

Re: No Commander?

Is there room for him in all the explosions?or do you mean to issue orders only?

Rumour is bf3 will have commander and Battalions will be added eg. 4 squads linked,64 players

Comment

As far as I understand, the commander has gone the way of the squadleader.
      I dont know why, but a guess is something about their desire to have a more fast-paced gameplay in the BC series.

Comment

its because BC2 is a continuation of the console game BC1 and not the PC BF2, I believe theres no commander in BC1, (not 100% sure)

Comment

Commander is gone, not coming back.

I'm not surprised to be honest, it might have been a cool concept... but ultimately it just gives too much power to one guy in each team

Comment

Originally posted by Fish
            its because BC2 is a continuation of the console game BC1 and not the PC BF2, I believe theres no commander in BC1, (not 100% sure)
            You are right. I think this is more down to the low player count on consoles. If you have a commander on each side then that leaves 11 or less a side to fight it out. With the player count already being small for a BF game this would just make it worse, especially for games that aren't full as well.

I guess for the PC version they just couldn't be bothered to add it in or didn't want to as it might affect the gameplay already established by the console version.

Comment

would be nice if we had an "AI Commander"

Similar to the A-10s firing on objectives after you lost them (do those do any damage btw?). Some semi scripted events that would help our team out... like a supply drop after objectives are captured, arty strikes one enemies that are too closely grouped (encourage people to spread out and avoid camping =D)

Comment

would be good if they could make a nicely balanced commander for BF3

but BC2 was never made with the idea of including a commander at all tbh

Comment

Originally posted by iQue
                  Commander is gone, not coming back.

I'm not surprised to be honest, it might have been a cool concept... but ultimately it just gives too much power to one guy in each team
                  I've played bf2 for a long time and I can say that the commander never had to much power. He keeps the action going.

Comment

Originally posted by GunHappyBob
                    I've played bf2 for a long time and I can say that the commander never had to much power. He keeps the action going.
                    Maybe I should rephrase that... anyone would agree that a good commander can make you win the round, while a bad one can easily lose a round. This person ultimately has a much larger impact on the outcome of the match than any other player, which can be frustrating enough at times in BF2, and would be even worse in BC2 with smaller teams.

They didn't remove the commander because it's a "console port" or whatever... the concept wouldn't work as well in BC2's setting

Comment

Working...
                    X