Team Scramble?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Team Scramble?

What is everyone's opinion of a team scramble vote?

It is a feature of TF2 that is available on some servers, basically it just randomly reassigns players to different teams. Usually this results in a little better balanced teams and gets rid of team stacking.

I think it might be a nice feature that could be changed on a server to server basis, would certainly help eliminate the blatant team stacking I've seen here and there.

Re: Team Scramble?

Ok if it swaps lone wolfes and whole squads. But I think the individual squads should remain intact.

Comment

Originally posted by Vreki
      Ok if it swaps lone wolfes and whole squads. But I think the individual squads should remain intact.
      isn't and individual squad just a lone wolf anyway?

I am fully for a team scramble option. I think it would do wonders for keeping a server full. How many times have you played a round where one team slaughters the other in about 10 secs? Next round half the losing side is gone and the same team wins again. A team scramble option would fix this.

Comment

I've noticed from TF2 that scramble is usually used by sniperfags or spies. No doubt scramble would always be triggered by a sniper noob who thinks his team isn't good enough or doesn't provide him enough space to camp and snipe without fear of running in to enemies.

Comment

NO WAY! Stacking teams and killing everyone on the other team while in vent/ts using tactics is what Battlefield is about.

Any other game and thats a good idea though.

Crunch
          Twitter: @CptainCrunch
          Battlelog/Origin: CptainCrunch

Comment

I only play this with other clan mates on TS, If this system breaks up our squads then no.

Comment

Originally posted by Vreki
              I was actually thinking about that as well, so if you are playing with a few friends, seems like a good idea to me. Would encourage people to squad up more.

I've noticed from TF2 that scramble is usually used by sniperfags or spies. No doubt scramble would always be triggered by a sniper noob who thinks his team isn't good enough or doesn't provide him enough space to camp and snipe without fear of running in to enemies.
              I believe the vote aspect would eliminate this issue.... If >50% vote for scramble, then teams have squads and lone wolves moved around.

Comment

Just needs more auto balance!

Comment

Originally posted by =MNKY=Frosty
                  Just needs more auto balance!
                  This.

Comment

I wouldn't mind it.

Comment

There is a server option to randomize teams for each round.

Hey vanilla If I write "Google" and "Freedom of Speech" will you still be able to see this forum?

Comment

Originally posted by Corvic
                        I believe the vote aspect would eliminate this issue.... If >50% vote for scramble, then teams have squads and lone wolves moved around.
                        Nope. Doesn't work as proven by tf2. Scramble also doesn't balance team in anyway, as it can only move players based on certain criteria ie. points but it can't evaluate why those people have high score or if they really are credit to team. Scramble is simply put fail any way you look at it, unless the scramble is implemented just to annoy people.

Comment

BF series are based on teamwork... you have more enjoyment playing as a team with ppl you know all on the same page.. its what BF is all about.. take it away and your left with squads of individuals doing there own thing = no fun

Comment

Originally posted by L-iNC
                            Nope. Doesn't work as proven by tf2. Scramble also doesn't balance team in anyway, as it can only move players based on certain criteria ie. points but it can't evaluate why those people have high score or if they really are credit to team. Scramble is simply put fail any way you look at it, unless the scramble is implemented just to annoy people.
                            I'm inclined to disagree with you. I've played many a game on TF2 where scramble kept me on the server. The point isn't to balance the teams, it's to shake them up and break up the super stack of better skilled player to make it more of a competition rather than a turkey shoot.

There is a 50% chance you will be put on the same team you started with, meaning roughly half the players on the stacked team will now be on the other team.

The random variable is better than changing the teams based on point values because point values are only a statement of how long you have been playing, not your skill.

BF series are based on teamwork... you have more enjoyment playing as a team with ppl you know all on the same page.. its what BF is all about.. take it away and your left with squads of individuals doing there own thing = no fun
                            Previous posts addressed this. Squads shouldn't be broken up.

Also, this is a configurable option, I'm not saying every server should have it enabled.

This is more geared to the pubby players with few friends in game or no clan to play with. Case in point myself. I don't play enough to join a clan, nor do I have any friends who play this game. I'm sure I'm not the only one, and nothing makes me not want to play this game more than being stomped by a stacked team. This game is very dependent on teamwork, no matter how good you are, a good team will always beat you if all your teammates are say...camping on noob hill or crowded around the chopper pad.

Comment

Working...
                            X