Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: I think I've grown sick of snow!

Originally posted by Vreki
    She was most likely put up against people who have played BF2 non-stop for the last 5 years. If you let her play BF2 againt the same bunch of clueless randoms that are trying the beta now, you will get a very different result.

And I will like to bring out the old-non-game-specific argument against certain games requiring no skill:
    If a player is able to consistently do better than the others in a game, then he is skilled at that game. And by definition that game must then require skill.
    My sister could play bf2 for 5 years and still go 0-35

Of I'll agree that most statements on the game needing no skill are a bit wrong. What they have done is made it so someone who is significantly more talented than others in being quick with aim and precise can't do much better than some average joe smoe. This is why you are seeing so many of the people who can aim using the recon class so much when normally they wouldn't be sniping.

It's one of the few weapons in the game that how well you do scales directly with talented eye hand coordination. The pistol is another. Someone very talented with accuracy can do more with a pistol than the starting weapons.

Comment

That average Joe Schmoe may have kept his entire team going by repairs, revives and resupplies while the Human Aimbot sat on sniper hill and pinged away at an enemy that does not lose tickets.

You can not be a one trick pony if you want to succeed in this game. Unless that tricks involves a helicopter of course.
      That said good aim is still rewarded, just not to the same degree as in COD.

ETA: I don't mean this to sound like an attack on those who enjoy twitch shooters, but because one set of abilities gives high skill in one game, doesn't necessarily mean that it should hold true for all other games.

Comment

I dispise snow maps. Trying to see the tank crosshairs gives me a migraine and also makes me wanna turn into Michael Douglas in Falling Down. You can't see anyting in the tree line. If I see a guy run behind some trees I'm in trouble because even though I know he's there I still can't see him. Some of that may be due to color blindness, but I doubt it. I just can't see anything and over all the maps give me a headache.

Comment

Agreed, I will never play this map using my own freewill again.

Comment

Originally posted by Shibby
            Agreed, I will never play this map using my own freewill again.
            donno about never... still a fun map.

I can't wait for the jungle map though.

Comment

Working...
            X