Server Browser

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Server Browser

Ok well i have been playing the game fine and now all of a sudden i am experiencing the server browser CTD which is being a nuisance.

Anyway the real reason to my thread is i have a question. Is there anyway you can access your favorite servers or the history of your servers without having to load the entire server browser list first?

Re: Server Browser

yes..... before even logging in.... click ont he right "server list"

Comment

I have a big gripe on the server browser, it is a very clunky experience. Dice needs to do this: have mouse wheel support, actually let you sort by latency etc. and hopefully its a beta only thing that it takes 5 minutes to update the server list.

Comment

Yeah ... it does support mouse wheel scroll for a change but no support for right click and double click? Also ... during update procedure you cannot switch to favorites and have to wait for 2 mins to be able to do anything? Why PgDw/PgUp cannot be used? They really have to make some significant changes in "Server Browser Team" department because these problems are dating from BF1942 era.

Comment

I believe DICE will be improving on the server browser in the final release. At least that is what is being said over on the main forums.

I do wish that dice would post a list of items they will be changing/improving. That way we know what to complain about and what is beating a dead horse. =)

Comment

How BC2 usually goes for me:

Boot up game.
            Wait for disclaimer screen to go away.
            Click 'Login'
            Click 'Login' (second page)
            Click 'Login' (third page)
            Bring up the server browser.
            Wait one minute for the servers to load.
            Click 'Favourites'
            See that there are no servers under my favourites that are populated/not full.
            Click Server Browser and wait another minute.
            Scroll through the list to find a server that's close to me, populated, and not full.
            Check the player roster to see if there are any tossers using egregiously long names that will make me CTD and go through all of this malarkey again.
            Click Play.
            Join game.
            Spawn.
            Take two steps and get GLed by someone three feet away.
            Ragequit.

Comment

It is not very userfriendly.
              Thankfully "Play Now" usually lands me in a 60-70 ms server, so I avoid the browser.

Comment

The browser takes forever to load.

Comment

it's a consolized server browser. hopefully it is better in the final release.

Comment

I'm hoping qtracker will release an update to include BC2.
                    "Crunch's First Officer"
                    twitter: @signaprime

Comment

Remember this is just the beta. I imagine they will be adjusting it a lot before the final release. I didn't mind how the browser in BF2142 (basically the same as Valve games too, I believe) worked. I hate the current server browser too, though.

Comment

Working...
                      X