Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stalker:CoP

... is now on Steam. YES YES YES

S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Call of Pripyat is the direct sequel of the S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Shadow of Chernobyl. As a Major Alexander Degtyarev you should investigate the crash of the governmental helicopters around the Zone and find out, what happened there.

:awes

Re: Stalker:CoP

:awes cant wait! but because of our internet capping I have to get a retail version. Just need to find it in stores and I hope it hits our shores soon if its not in yet.

Comment

Downloading... weeeeee

Thank god it's friday, bye bye social life

Comment

hehehe already completed the game several times

prepare to soil your underwear in places

takes the best elements from the two prior games and blends them together

Comment

Didn't quite like how abruptly you were thrown in to the story... but it's real challenging as it should be. I walked around the plateau in the first level for like 1 real life hour only to find out you find the way through the side quest. :/

Now to find those tools the repair guy needs... that drunk bastard, you ain't getting all my vodka.

Comment

Awesome game, a lot of fun.

Still nothing can compare to STALKER: SoC w/ AMK mod (all thanks to Redfield).

Comment

Lab X8. Pants were shat.

Comment

lol yes, especially with those black coated yoda dudes (as I called them)

Comment

Originally posted by MrChris_CJ
                  lol yes, especially with those black coated yoda dudes (as I called them)
                  Do you really find Burer's to be a difficult opponent? Maybe it's because I have experience with them in SoC and therefore was familiar with them, but they always seemed like an easier opponent - at least compared to bloodsuckers and electro-chimeras.

Comment

not really, but walking around the lab with them constantly levitating **** at you gets hazardous lol, and that bit in X8 when you open the closet and theres on in there lol

the first time I met one in CoP was at the train tunnels, doing a hunting mission, had stuff like the MP5, the tossers pulled them right out of my hands

my knife was bloodied

Comment

Haha yeah, that's the thing I hate the most about Burers and Poltergeists. Just finish a full repair/upgrade on a weapon then they take it from me and fully damage it!

Comment

They really have to make the next STALKER game with the same kind of isolated and less crowded experience as the SOCH. However, Pripyat level in COP almost nailed the concept.

Comment

Still have yet to beat CoP. Chris really needs to stop getting me hooked on different games!

SoC to Rainbow Six and now possibly SWAT 4. I mean really?

Comment

Originally posted by Chris_Redfield
                            They really have to make the next STALKER game with the same kind of isolated and less crowded experience as the SOCH. However, Pripyat level in COP almost nailed the concept.
                            Jupiter level feels like a city sometimes with so many stalkers around. Pripyat (and Zaton) were a lot better in that aspect, it's just a shame there's so few missions taking place in Pripyat... they really didn't use that level to its full potential.

I just hope they leave that goddamn Xray engine behind them and start fresh for the next game.

Comment

What they need to do is change how the mutants progress throughout the areas (or at least through the story).

For example, in SoC, you rarely (if ever) saw a Bloodsucker or Burer in Cordon, but then as you descended into the depths of X-18 and other labs you discovered new anomalies and mutants. I remember having objects thrown at me and having no idea what was happening, and it really created a deep atmosphere. In CoP, I had to fight bloodsuckers and other stronger mutants at the very beginning, and therefore never felt scared as I proceeded into a new area.

And lastly, one other thing that I never liked about CS and CoP was how you're warned about approaching emissions. I always loved them in SoC when they came out of nowhere and I had to find my own shelter, rather than going to a predetermined point on my map.

Comment

Working...
                              X