BC2 for $20

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: BC2 for $20

Wow Wolf, how lame and unfortunate that is.Talk about having some pissed off people if that actually happens. Can you say CANCEL!

Comment

more power to you guys if it goes through, I''ll wish i would of jumped on it but i think the greedy bastards at slickdeals may have done it in for everyone, they have a 39 page thread over there and quit a few people that ordered over 100 copies per person to resell on ebay. something tells me that will probably send up a huge red flag to the powers that be.

Comment

Originally posted by *FMJ*Power
        more power to you guys if it goes through, I''ll wish i would of jumped on it but i think the greedy bastards at slickdeals may have done it in for everyone, they have a 39 page thread over there and quit a few people that ordered over 100 copies per person to resell on ebay. something tells me that will probably send up a huge red flag to the powers that be.
        Maybe they only cancelled the orders of those who bought multiple copies? Only ordered one myself and have not received a cancellation notice. I received confirmation of the shipment date and the order clearly states it is the PC game, and not a strat guide. This is just wishful thinking, I know it will be cancelled eventually.

Comment

Yeah, multiple copy orders may always have been canceled simply because of "Taking advantage". They may do the proper thing and respect the customers who ordered 1 or 2.

Doubtful, but, that's what a good business would do. Sometimes you gotta take the lose to better your company name.

... Look at Toyota. ^_^ But, they did it all wrong. They threw the maker of the pedals under the table on day 1.

Comment

People in another forum I visit are starting to get their orders canceled with a $5 gift credit from B&N to make up for it. I suspect that will happen to us all eventually, so really no harm no foul. I don't actually buy anything else from B&N so the $5 probably won't end up costing them anything anyway in my case.

Comment

Originally posted by WolfAlmighty
              People in another forum I visit are starting to get their orders canceled with a $5 gift credit from B&N to make up for it. I suspect that will happen to us all eventually, so really no harm no foul. I don't actually buy anything else from B&N so the $5 probably won't end up costing them anything anyway in my case.
              I received the $5 credit email also, but have yet to receive notice of cancellation.

Comment

Nothing ventured, nothing gained.

I got the $5 e-gift credit so if it does get canceled, no big deal.

They should do this deal like STALKER Call of Pripyat, you get buy it for $20 for being "Loyal" to their franchise.

S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Call of Pripyat is now available on Steam! If you currently own either S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Shadow of Chernobyl or S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Clear Sky you will receive the game at 33% off otherwise you will receive the game at the standard price. This loyalty promotion is indefinite!
                I was thinking maybe they could work the deal through Gamestops digital download service for the listed price, but they tagged on the shipping charge. I expect it'll get canceled, I mean EA wants $15 just for 1943 on the PC.

Comment

Well they shafted me too.

Despite our efforts, we were unable to fulfill some or all of the items in your order, as noted below. Your order contained a title(s) that is no longer scheduled for release. This may be because the item was discontinued or replaced by a newer version.

We have canceled this portion of your order and you will not be billed for it.

We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused and look forward to your next visit to Barnes & Noble.

Sincerely,

-- Barnes & Noble

Comment

Originally posted by [SA]4|Pvt.Beav
                    Well they shafted me too.

Despite our efforts, we were unable to fulfill some or all of the items in your order, as noted below. Your order contained a title(s) that is no longer scheduled for release. This may be because the item was discontinued or replaced by a newer version.

We have canceled this portion of your order and you will not be billed for it.

We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused and look forward to your next visit to Barnes & Noble.

Sincerely,

-- Barnes & Noble
                    Yep, just got that same email, over a week after I placed the order.

Comment

Surely you could argue that as you know that the game is scheduled for release and that it would not have been replaced with a new version?

Comment

The "regular" edition of BFBC2 isn't going to see a massive discount, in fact it'll still retail for $49.99

Comment

Working...
                        X