How to increase framerate?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to increase framerate?

My computer seems to be struggling with the Battlefield Bad Company beta. I have an Intel Core 2 Duo at 2.8ghz, 4 Gb's of ram, and two nVidia GeForce 260m's at 1 gb each. Do you guys know anything I could do to increase my frame rate. It seems to stay around 30 no matter what I do.

Re: How to increase framerate?

Wait until they release a new patch that should be addressing the performance issues.

Comment

CPU is limiting since it's optimized for 3+ cores. But some optimizations are on the way.

Comment

yea i think it's only optimized for consoles right now. some are reporting their GPU usage is way too low, indicative of console optimization.

Comment

Originally posted by Minmaster
          yea i think it's only optimized for consoles right now. some are reporting their GPU usage is way too low, indicative of console optimization.
          Yeah, I'm only seeing around 40% usage on my GTX 280, and around 70% usage on my CPU. Most games are the other way around for me.
          I'd rather have it use 100% of everything if it would give me playable frame rates. :rawr

Comment

yea because consoles are stuck with the unupgradeable GPU, they are programmed to rely heavily on CPU. (GTA4 anyone?) i really hope they optimize it better for PC, and make it take advantage of advanced GPUs and get AA functional.

Comment

Originally posted by Leopardi
              CPU is limiting since it's optimized for 3+ cores.
              IMHO - this is why PC gaming is going by the wayside

Comment

Originally posted by troybob
                IMHO - this is why PC gaming is going by the wayside
                I agree.
                They keep making games that require enthusiast-level machines.
                Then they design the games for casual gamers.

I don't get it.

Comment

I don't think its that complicated. PC systems are a very varied, so they need to design games that can run on the average PC, but at the same time offer something extra on the high-end PCs.
                  Most game can run on current PC with the appropriate settings.
                  But its a catch 22. Make high demands and people with 5 year old systems will complain that they cant run it in all high. And vice versa, failing to take advantage of the latest tech will cause enthusiast to claim that the game is obsolete.

Comment

I just got my new laptop with Dual ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4870. The framerate has greatly increased, yet their is this flickering on certain things. Like the water flickers and some of the gun models have a flicker. Anybody know how to fix this?

Comment

Originally posted by ChrisRiv91
                      I just got my new laptop with Dual ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4870. The framerate has greatly increased, yet their is this flickering on certain things. Like the water flickers and some of the gun models have a flicker. Anybody know how to fix this?
                      I think thats a known bug with Crossfire in the beta

Comment

Working...
                      X