Lag in Game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lag in Game

My game play is not smooth at all. its almost like it is laggy. I have all the settings down to low no. I have a core2duo 8800gtx 4gb ram idk if i have an outdated system this is why i have such slow play or what.

What should i do to increase my fps...i think it might be the smoke in game that could be causing the problems. Its like killing my graphics card.

Re: Lag in Game

I have the e6850 Core 2 duo extreme, with 2x 8800 GTX and I run it beautifully with 4gb of ram on win 7 ult 64.

Try putting all your settings at low, and work your way up. Start with the big ones like Anti Alising first, then resoloution, and just find a level your willing to play at.

Comment

I do have my settings at low. Still no smooth game play at all. Every single thing is on low.

Comment

Try turning off any background programs you have going , anti virus, things like that.

Heck just go into msnconfig, turn off all your startup programs, reboot, then try BFBC2, if it still runs like crap then its a hardware issue and you may just need an upgrade.

Comment

I'm not sure what's causing it, either. I drop down to 20 FPS in a tank, I usually get 40-50 running around and 30 in firefights. I see little to no change between low settings and high settings. The framerate stays the same either way.

Q9300 @ 2.8GHz
          4GB DDR2
          GTX 280 on 196.34 beta drivers (no change from the 196.21 drivers for me)
          X-fi Fatal1ty
          Win7 64-bit

Comment

Q6600 @2.4 GHZ
            4gb DDR2
            8800GTX 768mb on some drivers from november (haven't bothered updating lately).
            WinVista 32bit
            Running at 1900x1200 reso

I have found that on medium I get pretty good graphics but my frame rate is just about acceptable (I could play with it but it's a bit choppy when **** gets extreme, and it gets extreme quite a lot obviously). So I run Low settings and find the game to run amazingly smooth, only difference I see is trees look fugly and when buildings collapse it looks a bit, well, bad.

Comment

keep in mind that optimizations will come in the first few patches (if not even later in the beta).

the game seems to DESPERATELY need some optimizing. It appears as though the PC optimizers got canned due to lack of work in the previous years.

Comment

Im currently running on all high with this:

Core2Duo E8800
                2gb DDR2 RAM
                ATi 4870HD 1024mb Ram
                Windows XP Prof.
                Running at a high resolution.

I think i might grab some more RAM and that will make the game even smoother at a cheap cost.

Comment

Originally posted by 0Zero
                  My game play is not smooth at all. its almost like it is laggy. I have all the settings down to low no. I have a core2duo 8800gtx 4gb ram idk if i have an outdated system this is why i have such slow play or what.

What should i do to increase my fps...i think it might be the smoke in game that could be causing the problems. Its like killing my graphics card.
                  You dont write what OS you are using, but for some it has helped to force the game to use DX9 instead of DX10. Look in the Tips & Tricks thread if you want to try that.

Comment

I am running windows 7 32 bit. All graphics driveers are up to date. I found that raising my resolution actually helped performance. I also changed so that the game uses dx9 instead. Still i thought on low i could get way better performance than im getting even now after i changed everything.

Comment

I set everything on med AA x1 and my 8800GTX seems to be handling it just fine. I get 50-65 FR via FRAPS.

Comment

I have a great framerate most of the time with 2 x BFG 280 GTX OC, i7 920, Vista 64 - all settings on max

However, i do experience a fair bit of jittering and stuttering during gameplay so it's most likely bad optimisation from what i've read. Hopefully it improves with driver and game updates as the beta progresses

Comment

Tweaking – you can tweak a lot of individual settings yourself from the settings.ini file in your BC2beta folder found under your C:\Users\"You"\Documents\BFBC2Betafolder. Set things like the audio to high quality, increasing water detail, DirectX version to use, etc.
                          Manually changing from “DxVersion=auto” to “DxVersion=9” in your "settings.ini" file may dramatically improve frame rate for some users.
                          Try that, it worked for me.

Comment

wait win7 can't dx9 right?

Comment

DX9 trick
                              turn off HBAO

Make sure you clean out old drivers correctly.

Uninstall
                              reboot to safe mode
                              Clean with driver sweeper
                              reboot
                              install new drivers

With a single GTX I sat at about 60 FPS @4.0ghz

With TRI SLI I run 88-100 FPS @4.0ghz

Comment

Working...
                              X