Mouse Wheel Weapon Switching...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mouse Wheel Weapon Switching...

Ok so I am VERY used to switching weapons with my mouse wheel, and I am very used to switching weapons with up being 1, scrolling down to 4 (so holding main weapon, 1 scroll up brings up the pistol).

However in this game the scrolling is inverted, so I have to scroll down to go up, which makes no sense to me. I am trying to adjust but my god it's weird. I have tried inverting my mouse wheel in the settings and it didn't change a thing...

What's also weird is sometimes randomly, scrolling up will actually go up and not down, so not only is the way it works really weird, but unreliable! I can think of countless times I have died because instead of switching to my pistol I have got a pair of binoculars out or a defib...

Am I the only one with this issue and if so, please help me! It's more annoying that the 10 snipers on sniper hill!

Re: Mouse Wheel Weapon Switching...

It's a known bug, the input mapping files located in My Documents\input is extremely cryptic - instead of labeling the commands they've labeled everything with these long GUID numbers.

Comment

Yeah, its a reported bug.

I had to invert my mouse to fly correctly also. I kept crashing backwards

Crunch
      Twitter: @CptainCrunch
      Battlelog/Origin: CptainCrunch

Comment

lol yes. I've just got to the point where i use the numbers to change weapon.

Comment

Ahh thank god it's not just me! And indeed crunch, it's a bit odd since when i fly the UAV the "non inverted" mouse is fine, but on the Apache it's in "inverted" style if you catch my drift, I always take off, see if I need to change and then change the setting quickly, thank god for the auto-stabilizing in the chopper!

Comment

Originally posted by =MNKY=Frosty
            Ahh thank god it's not just me! And indeed crunch, it's a bit odd since when i fly the UAV the "non inverted" mouse is fine, but on the Apache it's in "inverted" style if you catch my drift, I always take off, see if I need to change and then change the setting quickly, thank god for the auto-stabilizing in the chopper!
            THATS why I keep crashing the uav! I tried flying it the other day and I couldnt control it at all. I was like "wtf" is going on it was working just fine earlier?

I need to see if thats been reported or not so that it gets fixed.

Crunch
            Twitter: @CptainCrunch
            Battlelog/Origin: CptainCrunch

Comment

It's been reported.

Comment

Yay it's a real pain, the WORST part is, everyone's gonna get used to it, then get pissed off when the game comes out cause they'll fix it lol

Comment

Originally posted by =MNKY=Frosty
                  Ok so I am VERY used to switching weapons with my mouse wheel, and I am very used to switching weapons with up being 1, scrolling down to 4 (so holding main weapon, 1 scroll up brings up the pistol).

However in this game the scrolling is inverted, so I have to scroll down to go up, which makes no sense to me. I am trying to adjust but my god it's weird. I have tried inverting my mouse wheel in the settings and it didn't change a thing...

What's also weird is sometimes randomly, scrolling up will actually go up and not down, so not only is the way it works really weird, but unreliable! I can think of countless times I have died because instead of switching to my pistol I have got a pair of binoculars out or a defib...

Am I the only one with this issue and if so, please help me! It's more annoying that the 10 snipers on sniper hill!
                  I thought it was just me. Can't wait for the fix because I never got used to using the number keys.

Comment

Number Keys is so much faster I don't know why you would want to use the scroll wheel.

Comment

Originally posted by =)BiT(= Evant3k
                      Number Keys is so much faster I don't know why you would want to use the scroll wheel.
                      I used to always use scroll wheel too back in BF2 until I forced myself to learn to use the number keys. Made life a lot easier.

Except, of course, for my first few minutes playing this game when all the weapons were shifted one to the left, so 2 was rifle, 3 was accessory, and 1 was pistol. After, I think, the third time trying to draw my SMG only to have a big honking rocket show up I just said **** it and remapped them BF2/BF2142 style.

Comment

Working...
                      X