BFBC2 is like Battlefield 2072.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BFBC2 is like Battlefield 2072.

The more and more i play the map on the beta, the more i feel like i'm playing BF2 and 2142. Not in the sense that it's a Battlefield title, but the pipelines and the snow and the blueness of it all remind me of Verdun and Northern Strike of 2142.

Obviously, there are vehicles and weapons that are in operation now, so in that respect it's like BF2.

Do you guys feel like this at all?

Re: BFBC2 is like Battlefield 2072.

Originally posted by Torchwood
    The more and more i play the map on the beta, the more i feel like i'm playing BF2 and 2142. Not in the sense that it's a Battlefield title, but the pipelines and the snow and the blueness of it all remind me of Verdun and Northern Strike of 2142.

Obviously, there are vehicles and weapons that are in operation now, so in that respect it's like BF2.

Do you guys feel like this at all?
    Yes, the containers, silos, harbour and general environment all say "BF2142" to me. I hope there are some variation in the other maps, because that was one thing that BF2142 lacked.

Comment

Well keep in mind that the beta map is one of many many theatres of war in the maps that we will get. But that map does sort of remind me of a BF2142

Comment

Yeah, I mentioned in another thread how the clunky soldiers feel like 2142 soldiers with the heavy armor.

Crunch
        Twitter: @CptainCrunch
        Battlelog/Origin: CptainCrunch

Comment

Crunch, have you gotten the speed boost specialization? when you are using that I think the speed is fine, great for assaulting.

Comment

Originally posted by Vreki
            Yes, the containers, silos, harbour and general environment all say "BF2142" to me. I hope there are some variation in the other maps, because that was one thing that BF2142 lacked.
            I wouldn't worry. I think it's more the snow that does it. Africa Harbor looked great and will give you fond memories of Karkand. And from what I have seen of the Panama map it looks like there will be a good deal of variety to the maps.

Comment

I just unlocked the magical pants and it does feel a little better. They have a kevlar unlock also. I wonder if thats going to slow you down more?

Crunch
              Twitter: @CptainCrunch
              Battlelog/Origin: CptainCrunch

Comment

Originally posted by CptainCrunch
                I just unlocked the magical pants and it does feel a little better.
                I unlocked the Mormon underwear too.

Comment

I really wish, and I know it's a pipe dream. That DICE remade 2142/NS with this engine after they worked on BF3, and sold at a discount for everyone that purchased BF2142 on launch.

They can re release BF2 maps on BF3 if they want and people want them; I think 2142 deserves a remake much more.

Comment

Bf2 maps sucked compared to BF1942 maps,just playing on them and knowing the were semi real settings gave me tingles!my grandpa was a desert rat and playing tobruk was awesome!

hope bf3 is based on them!with prone ffs lol

Comment

don't worry it's just the snow i bet.

Comment

Working...
                      X