No announcement yet.

My impression so far (very long read)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: My impression so far (very long read)

Hehehe, no need to turn on the aggression tough.

It's kind of like the debacle over prone stance. I fail to see how removing it involves players needing "less skill" since now you don't have an insta-stealth mode behind a crate. Since this forces you to be on your toes and moving at all times, in my eyes now it needs even more skill since you don't have the crutch of being able to hide yourself behind very small obstacles.

On other things: Anybody notices how small bumps on the terrain no longer force you to jump over them? You can walk over shin high obstacles now. This is why I would like to see a remade version of 2142 with frostbite, aside from destruction, a lot of the maps featured stupid "fences" that were no more than 2 inches high like the railroads at Gibraltar.

You start to wonder how PK rockets would work in a destructible environment; a lot of chokepoints would be dynamic or completely removed; the only problem I think would be making the titans, they'd have to be even bigger.

Anyways, BC2 is showing that "consolized" doesn't necessarily mean "dumbed down".

Comment

Re: My impression so far (very long read)

Originally posted by Simo Glock
      I've been reading on this site for the past 2 years how BC was console crap and Destruction was a gimmick that didn't add anything to gameplay. It was all graphics.
      Here's the advanced search link:

Knock yourself out.

In the meantime - try reading the first line of your signature.

Comment

Working...
      X