Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Possible FOV change

I know some of you dont like the narrow FOV, but there may be hope:

@ilovebf We are well aware of what many PC gamers want wrt to #BFBC2 FOV and will investigate when major beta issues have cooled down
    From Johan Andersson, Rendering Architect at DICE working on Frostbite

Re: Possible FOV change

Unless I'm knifing, I don't really like the narrow FOV.
    You can't see someone standing right next to you.
    But it's great when I can knife a whole row of people without them even knowing about it.

Comment

It's becoming an issue when someone circles you, or runs past you and you have to literaly spin like a top to try and see them.

Works in your favor when you are circling someone too, but it's a bit unfair.

Comment

Could be a little wider but not anything that would cause it to fisheye.

Comment

Oops totally missed this thread. :S

But yea, FOV needs some increasing IMO.

Comment

Yeah, I kinda think so too. There is a lot more going on and the weapons seem bigger than in other games. They may not be, but they sure take a lot of room.

Crunch
            Twitter: @CptainCrunch
            Battlelog/Origin: CptainCrunch

Comment

Just to add to this thread. I can't count the amount of times I was killed by someone standing literally 2 feet to my left or right without even having a clue they were there to begin with. If they dont fix the FOV I'm gonna have to start attacking everyone from their blind sides.

I was actually talking to my friend about the tunnel vision FOV. I no longer have the confidence that I used to when playing BF2. You know, when you have the ability to move from place to place with full confidence that if anyone approaches you from far left or right you will see them. Instead, now I spend my time running in small bursts from rock to rock or house to house. Its like you have to pick a short destination and commit to it, all while hoping that no one approaches from your left or right. I compare it to crossing a busy intersection without looking both ways. I'm not used to playing that way. Call me selfish but I like the ability to cover my own flank.

Comment

Ugh the FoV is so bad that I honestly thought that my game was playing at some super low resolution. They REALLY need to move it back. It's ridiculous right now.

Comment

I agree with the FOV, I've seen too many times where enemies have run right passed my teammates without either noticing each other. Back it up a bit to be more in line with the rest of the BF games.

Comment

agreed FOV needs to be switchable.

Comment

Look ma! no hands!

Playing BFBC2 in 1920x600 with amazing FOV.Vote for a FOV slider now! http://forums.electronicarts.co.uk/battlefield-bad-company-2-pc-beta/881836-fov-slider-...

Proof that the game itself supports and can handle more FOV

Comment

New update on the same guys twitter:

@GreatAllah Haha yeah I saw that. We are going to add proper support for customizable/wider FOV, but have some bigger issues to fix first
                        Also:

How? Go into \Documents\BFBC2Beta\settings.ini and change

Code:
                        Width=1680
                        Height=1050
                        Fullscreen=true
                        To

Code:
                        Width=1680
                        Height=600
                        Fullscreen=false
                        What you are doing is telling the game to run in windowed mode with reduced height, but same width. So its not going to use the whole screen with this hack.

Comment

yay @ twitter news.

Glad they acknowledge the issue and will eventually work to fix it =D

Comment

I LOVE DICE

I really do

Comment

Well, nice.

But I seriously think the guys intended to leave it as it is until the guys from the forums "hacked" the game.

That pretty much left them with no excuse to add it, since you can do it manually anyways.

AndI'm suspecting half the guys are already doing this since I'm getting ganked from the sides more often.

Comment

Working...
                              X