Beta issues!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Beta issues!!

Okay, so I am currently playing the Beta and came across several issues already. I know its a beta and this is to be expected so this thread is more to see if I am the only one having these problems.

First: As far as I can tell as of right now crossfire does not work correctly with this game (I know its an ATI issue). My screen would be completely white although I can hear music in the background. Disabling crossfire seems to fix this problem.

Second: I crashed straight to desktop once and at times when loading a map my game would freeze.

The second issue is what concerns me the most. Am I the only one experiencing this freeze when loading?

Re: Beta issues!!

Hmm, no crossfire would probably mean that I will have to cancel my preorder, but I will get back with info on that when my download finishes.
    But in the meantime it would be a good idea to post system spec when reporting errors, so we can see if it is certain cards, drivers or OS that are causing problems.

Comment

Ugh, can't even start the beta. I get a black screen with BETA in the upper right corner, then it crashes to desktop.

I'm running Win7(64) with a Radeon 5850, 4 gigs of ram, intel i5 quad core

edit: glanced at EA's forums, saw 3 posts that had the same problem all with 5800 ATI cards. Anyone with a 5800 that can start the game?

Comment

I got the same problem at first. Something tells me this is going to be an ATI problem. I guess my assumption that it was crossfire related is incorrect. Also another problem I have is that I cannot minimize to desktop. My screen would go completely white once I try to restore.

Im running WinXP(32), 2x 3870's, 4 gigs DDR3, intel core 2 duo.

Comment

using the most recent 10.1's?

Comment

I just d/l'd 10.1, and I am still unable to start the game.

edit: someone found a fix on EA's forums:

BF_SUB.DemetriSlavic wrote:Got a fix.

I tried running the game as administrator and it worked.

To do this go to the location that you installed the game.

...\Steam\steamapps\common\battlefield bad company 2 beta

the right click on BFBC2Game.exe and run as administrator.

Hope that fixes it for the rest of you.
            edit edit: Fixed my problem, hope this works for everyone

Comment

I had a short session with incredible lag, and then it crashed in the server browser.
              But otherwise it seems to be running ok.

Specs as copied from my profile. What happend to that nifty "my spec" button we used to have?
              Driver version is 8.681.0.0

CPU:AMD Phenom II X4 955
              Motherboard:Asrock M3A790GXH/128M 790GX
              Memory:Corsair DDR3 PC1333 8GB CL9.0 DHX .
              HDD:WD Caviar Black 1 TB .
              Graphics Card:2 x Club 3D Radeon PCI-E HD4850 512MB .
              Sound Card:Onboard /Creative HS-1000 Fatal1ty USB Gaming Headset .
              PSU:Corsair TX 650 .
              Monitor:Samsung SyncMaster T220
              Keyboard:G15v2 .
              Mouse:MX 518 .

Comment

I have experienced the server browser crash as well.

I believe there is a latency issue on EA's side (nearly every server is lag to the point of unplayable) I assume the server browser is tied into that.

Comment

it's fubar right now, there is a scrolling message at the bottom of the loading screens, hard to notice but it is a message from EA about the lag issues, and that they are working on it.

There are many issues right now, I will attach my list soon.

Comment

I have been on about one server that didn't have much lag, and I have to say it was very very enjoyable. Overall no huge bugs or anything I've noticed other than the massive lag.

- Server browser crash
                    - Not being able to cancel loading server list/joining server (sucks if you get stuck loading and nothing happens for 5 minutes)
                    - Server browser not saving my filters for the next time I start the game

Comment

my 8800GT and AMD 4800+@2.9ghz are ****ting themselves trying to run this game on medium at 1280x720 :S

got win7 x64 and 4GB Ram

and now i crash as soon as the server browser appears :S

hehehe, i love betas :P

at least this way we know things will get fixed

Comment

Not saving custom controls (but it did remember my video settings)

Comment

I was playing earlier, but now it crashes to desktop while trying to load server browser.

Comment

Originally posted by skullz3
                            I was playing earlier, but now it crashes to desktop while trying to load server browser.
                            yeah it seems to be happening to everyone, they are probably messing with their servers.

Comment

Looks like they're updating and trying to solve the lag issues.

Comment

Working...
                              X