Limited Edition?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Limited Edition?

Ok, since I've been away for some time, I'm going to come straight out and ask.

What is different about the Limited Edition and the regular game? Is it another way to just bait people into get the special baseball bat or a little gold star on your collar?

Nice to see so many names I remember still here at TGN.

Re: Limited Edition?

Originally posted by RocketChild
    Ok, since I've been away for some time, I'm going to come straight out and ask.

What is different about the Limited Edition and the regular game? Is it another way to just bait people into get the special baseball bat or a little gold star on your collar?

Nice to see so many names I remember still here at TGN.
    Short answer: Yes
    Long answer: Early access to a few unlocks.

Limited Edition

Improved Vehicle Armor: An up-armor package is mounted on all vehicle types, decreasing the effect of both explosive and penetrating warheads, significantly improving vehicle survivability.

Supreme Vehicle Firepower: Additional weapon packages are mounted for the driver of all armored vehicles, greatly expanding the range of targets the vehicle can successfully engage and destroy.

Vehicle Motion Sensor: Use this electronics warfare package to locate enemy units in direct proximity to the vehicle.

Tracer Dart Pistol: This magnetic dart attaches to any vehicle surface, allowing squad members to track, lock on, and fire rockets onto moving targets even beyond line of sight.

M1A1 Sub-machine Gun: Reliable but heavy this classic weapon is a powerful force in the hands of any Battlefield veteran.

M1911 Pistol: Highly customized M1911 are favoured for its dependability and the power of its large .45 caliber round.

Comment

Access to unlocks which you will be able to get anyway after you play for 1 hour.

Comment

i would rather earn it know what i mean m8 more fun

Comment

I have to disagree with you there Evant3k. I can tell you that both the laser dart gun and the M1A1 sub machine gun will take more than several hours of gameplay to unlock. Besides, its not as if the LE costs more, so I don't see the harm in purchasing it.

Comment

Yeah, that is the thing. I don't mind going for the self pride of earning it. But the Steam offerings are only for LE.

Someone could also argue that getting these unlocks early allows you to not get fooled into getting unlocks that you really don't need anyways. This allows you to go for the unlocks that would be of better value.

Comment

I believe these unlocks will add a bit of variety to the game, immediately instead of later in the games life. I'm assuming that a lot of BF2 vets will be making the transition to BFBC2. I don't even want to think what will happen once the veteran helo players get their hands on the game. Having the tracer dart helps to slow down what would have been their immediate dominance.

Comment

i think cod mw(2) vets will be better in this game than bf2 vets because they are more used to destroying surroundings(deep impact, kinda) and ofcourse on consoles the bfbc vets will be the best players, and those will probebly get the limited edition version, because they wanna play it and be good at it immidiatelly, doesnt really balance the game, they still will dominate the normal players who didnt bought limited edition version.

Comment

Originally posted by sempf
                  i think cod mw(2) vets will be better in this game than bf2 vets because they are more used to destroying surroundings(deep impact, kinda) .
                  I dont know, I remember the BF playstyle as quite different from COD. There is a heavy penalty for running around and shooting from the hip, and the much larger maps also means that combat will often happen at a different range than COD.
                  And then there is the vehicles of course

Comment

^^^^ What Vreki said. I played the PS3 beta and BFBC2 still retains that battlefield flow that is unlike anything out there. COD players are in for a rude awaening if they plan on using the same style of play that they are accustomed to.

Comment

you mean no run n slash or run and akimbo shottie or run and noob tube?

Comment

Originally posted by Minmaster
                        you mean no run n slash or run and akimbo shottie or run and noob tube?
                        Hey, I take offense to the noobtube remark, I was remarkably efficient with the combination of GP-30 and AK. I feel that the GL got a bad rap early on because people would use it with the jump combination and zero splash.

If anything, the supply people with grenades were the true troublemakers.

Comment

Rockets back babae!;d

Comment

We'll see how far back I get, I still need to get a new gaming machine built by March. I actually don't even have a internet connection at home since I just moved. But! I am shopping, because I still lay in bed going "man, I would love to play some shooters! This Plants vs Zombies is just not cutting it!"

Comment

Working...
                            X