Offical news of squad rush mode.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Offical news of squad rush mode.

We'd like to officially announce the new gamemode and clarify the details surrounding the "Squad Rush" gamemode for BFBC2. So let's start with the video and get into it shall we. :-)

Squad Rush Summary

Gamemode: Squad Rush puts a squad of four players versus another squad of four players for a max of eight player matches in this intense one crate/two base infantry only version of the Rush gamemode.

How To Access "Squad Rush" at Launch

North America: All customers that pre-order from GameStop (local retail store or website) on Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 will have an Exclusive Access* for 30 days to play the "Squad Rush" gamemode and any friends they bring with them. This means you can always play with your friends if you have the Exclusive Access* never forcing you to split from them, plus those that have this Exclusive Access* are a bit more popular... even if only for 30 days. ;-)

Rest of The World: No Exclusive Access, as we will make it available at launch (no extra cost) and you can also invite any of your American buddies to play as well.

* No Exclusive Access on PC, as we'll make the gamemode available at launch (no extra cost) instead.

SOURCE

Re: Offical news of squad rush mode.

awesomeawesomeawesome

Comment

Whats with the locked content?

Comment

GameStop most likely paid EA to get 30 days of exclusivity on the game mode so impatient people would buy from there.

Comment

This is great news. Because, you know, when I think of a 'Battlefield' game, the first thing that pops into my mind is a 4v4 infantry only map with two control points.

...Aren't there already a bunch of online FPS that do small stuff? Why would people buy a BF game if they want small servers with no vehicles and only 4 people per team? :hmm:

Comment

Variation? DICE doesn't want people to play other games, duh.

Comment

Originally posted by WolfAlmighty
              This is great news. Because, you know, when I think of a 'Battlefield' game, the first thing that pops into my mind is a 4v4 infantry only map with two control points.

...Aren't there already a bunch of online FPS that do small stuff? Why would people buy a BF game if they want small servers with no vehicles and only 4 people per team? :hmm:
              It's one game mode, don't like it, don't play it. I know I won't play it that much, but it could definitely be fun for an all friends game or lan.

Comment

Originally posted by iQue
                Variation? DICE doesn't want people to play other games, duh.
                LOL, well I guess I can't really argue with that.

Originally posted by H4yd3n
                It's one game mode, don't like it, don't play it. I know I won't play it that much, but it could definitely be fun for an all friends game or lan.
                That's what they kept saying about infantry only in BF2, and look what we have now; egregious amounts of 24/7 IO Karkand and Jalalabad servers. I guess nobody really wants the classic big-map massive-battle type BF games anymore since everyone gravitates towards smaller maps and/or infantry only games. I keep trying to tell myself that the stat tracking which was introduced in BF2 had nothing to do with that, but the cynic in me keeps telling me otherwise.

Comment

Working...
                X