Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help needed!!!!

Hi all

Hopefully im not asking something thats already on here as ive looked and read loads but cant find it!!!

I have just started having probs playing BF2 and it gos to the black screen for a few secs before it then returns to the desk top.

I run easy info and it now saying windows is a fail????? and this.....

"Exception:unknown;caught in...
    File Applicationlogic_comparison.cpp
    Line 154"

Any help would be great EA so far just like to point you to the help there but all drivers ect are upto date and nothing runing that could stop it running....?!?

Ive just downloaded the coop games and maps but cant play them yet but always played BF2 without any probs???

Thanks welly :shock::nod:

Re: Help needed!!!!

Does this happen when you start the game or when you are in the game?

Comment

Hi Natt

Yes its at the start of the game go's to a black screen for a few secs then back to desktop.......with disc or without.

I have followed what I can find re install and all the drivers are upto date and direct x is working fine just when I use the easy info its comes up with the error message and says windows is a fail???

I cant think of anythng that I have changed or installed that has maybe changed something???????.

Welly

Comment

Delete the video.con files in Documents\Battlefield 2\Profiles\Default and 0001 0002 etc
        If that doesn't fix it, change +fullscreen 1 to 0 in the shortcut properties target line to see if you get an error message.
        Battlefield was made for XP so anything else may say fail, but should still work.

Comment

Will give it a go natt and thanks EA also looking into it ill post back if it works or not:nod:

Comment

Hi

Right tried that (Video.con files deleted from all and change the fullscreen from 1 to 0 and it didnt work its now coming up with this and wont go past it if I press retry??.

" ERROR!
            Mods/BF2/shaders/lightning.fx not found!!!_DO_check your working directory, _AND_sync your shaders folder
            before calling upon your local rendering programmer/GP. (really!) "

I like the really! bit as if itsa telling me off!

Any idears?

Thanks welly:shock:

Comment

Originally posted by welly2008
              Hi all

Hopefully im not asking something thats already on here as ive looked and read loads but cant find it!!!

I have just started having probs playing BF2 and it gos to the black screen for a few secs before it then returns to the desk top.

I run easy info and it now saying windows is a fail????? and this.....

"Exception:unknown;caught in...
              File Applicationlogic_comparison.cpp
              Line 154"

Any help would be great EA so far just like to point you to the help there but all drivers ect are upto date and nothing runing that could stop it running....?!?

Ive just downloaded the coop games and maps but cant play them yet but always played BF2 without any probs???

Thanks welly :shock::nod:
              I got the same thing last night, I reformatted my HD and re-installed BF2, BAM nothing. I did notice that I had trouble with the 1.4.1v??, patch. I will try again tonight and see if that occurs again.

Comment

Im running or hopefully will be running with V1.5 just so strange i didnt play for a while then it just stops working???

Comment

Sounds like the patching process got messed up. This message also pops up if you install Special forces expansion and don't patch afterwards.
                  Check the shortcut properties Start in line is the correct path to BF2.exe
                  eg "C:\Program Files\EA GAMES\Battlefield 2"

Comment

What the patch or version of the game??

Comment

The version of the game, but I edited my post as you said you can't start the game to see the version number on the login screen.

Comment

"C:\Program Files\EA GAMES\Battlefield 2\BF09.exe" yep its correct I just changed the BF2.exe after reading some stuff on here too BF09 but short cut is right...... Its also the BF2 game with all the expansion packs with it and also has the V1.5 patch.

Comment

The 1.50 patch is only an incremental, so you may have needed to install patch 1.41 first.

Comment

ok natt ill do it now lol so much to read on here....

---------- Post added at 08:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:51 PM ----------

Right its downloading but the game was running fine with 1.5 and i always kept it upto date so will it let me install this as well even if 1.5 is already installed??

Comment

OK have now installed patch 1.41 and its working again so a BIG thanks to you Natt and ill do a full test tommorow and let you know how its all running. Thanks again Welly

Comment

Working...
                              X