Gamestop instore pickup pre-order?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gamestop instore pickup pre-order?

Reserve Battlefield Bad Company 2 and receive access to the PC multiplayer beta. Beta begins January 28th, 2010 and ends February 25, 2010. Available for online customers only while supplies last. Not available for in-store or in-store pickup orders.
    Does this mean that if I ordered online and have it setup for instore pickup on release that I won't have access to the beta? Is there any way around this?

Re: Gamestop instore pickup pre-order?

hayden,

Yes you will not get a key if you chose instore pick up..

Comment

That's quite silly to differentiate between the two, like there's any difference. Oh well, I might have to order online then cancel once I get a beta key. Anyone know of a better option?

Comment

Actually there is. The beta key is emailed to you and if you did a store pick up the only charge you when you pick it up. So a smart guy will accept his key and cancel his order or never pick it up. Gamestop will not charge you for instore pick ups if you don't show up.

If they didnt do this people would take advantage of it.

Comment

Well, they do charge you 5 dollars if you don't pick up your order. I'm going to try and call gamestop tonight and see if I can get my order cancelled and change it to be shipped directly to my house. That seems like my best option at present.

Comment

I called my local gamestop, they told me I needed to show ID to change my order so I had to come into the store, best part is, they only asked for my name and phone number, no ID. Anyway, I explained my problem to the guy working there, and he said that they were told that instore pickup orders online were to be given beta keys and to wait until Tuesday. If I didn't receive a beta key on Tuesday (When they are given out) then I should come back in and cancel. Unfortunately I got one of the last Limited Editions they had so I hope I don't have to cancel. So, I really hope the guy was right. I guess we'll see tomorrow.

Comment

Working...
            X