BC2 now on steam

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BC2 now on steam

Steam is the ultimate destination for playing, discussing, and creating games.

Re: BC2 now on steam

£35 for it here in the UK, Pre-ordered mine for £25. Steam is a good app but I do perfer the disk copy.

Comment

Hm, limited edition only? I just hope I can choose not to have to LE items unlocked by default. Much rather have to work for them and have the feeling of success from playing rather than from using credit card.

Comment

Thank you thank you! I literally just bought it a few days ago on the EA store, since it was the only place it was being released for digital distribution. However EA doesn't allow you to download forever unless you pay their "extended download service" or EDS. Which no other digital distributer does, and whats more of a insult is that I wasn't even offered that option this time around, but I was like whatever for beta access, and considering me and my friends just got back into playing BF2 yet again, I can give Dice some extra bucks.

So I now have two copies both with pre-order access, but I could care less, as long as I have it on steam I'm happy.

Can't wait for next week!!!!![COLOR="Silver"]

Comment

A bit of info about the beta on steam:
          RT @L_Twin: BFBC2 Limited Ed. is now available on Steam: http://bit.ly/5Meje8 - Beta will show for pre-orders' only when it's ready to DL!
          about 6 hours ago from TweetDeck
          Source: http://twitter.com/OfficialBfbc2

Comment

i know they won't force the game to be tied to steam account like MW2 but would it be possible to activate the game on steam and do away with disc in drive requirement?

Comment

Originally posted by Minmaster
              i know they won't force the game to be tied to steam account like MW2 but would it be possible to activate the game on steam and do away with disc in drive requirement?
              Well, you could always do like I did with 2142 and make a mini image. Although it would be VERY nice if you could launch through steam without a cd.

Comment

I've seen so few games that still use a disc in drive requirement that I think it's fairly safe to say you won't need one. Even the PC retail version of mirrors Edge doesn't need the disc in the drive, not to mention patching away the disc check in BF2 and soon BF2142.

Comment

Working...
                X