Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good tactical shooter ?

Hi

So at the moment i m playing mw2 altough i cant stand it but something keeps me playing it. It s like eny drugs you know it s bad for you but you still do it :P. So i was wondering if ther is a good tactical shooter out ther whit good amount of players. I m talking about games like rain bow six, ghost recon, ...

Re: Good tactical shooter ?

Depends do you want a 'Tactical' Arcade shooter or a Proper tactical milsim? If you want the arcade version get Rainbow six or OFP: DR, if you want a tactical milsim get ArmA2. Depends what you define as 'Tactical'.

Comment

Under the top heading for TGN go to the drop down for tournaments and check us out at International Conflict.

Regards, Geeman

Comment

I've always turned to the Clancy games for that sort of thing. Any of the Ghost Recons and the older Rainbow Six games are pretty good.

Comment

Go pick up one of the older Rainbow Six games (such as Raven Shield). Really difficult games, but rewarding with practice.

Comment

Fallout 3: nothing is more tactical than the Vault-Tec Assisted Targeting System!

Comment

Originally posted by jake_
              Fallout 3: nothing is more tactical than the Vault-Tec Assisted Targeting System!
              :laugh:

Any Rainbow Six game before Lockdown or Vegas
              Any Ghost Recon game, even though the Advanced Warfighters are arecadey, they still feel realistic
              SWAT4, best multiplayer realistic gameplay, without being slow like *** and occasionally feels faster than Quake

Comment

Arma 2

Comment

I used to love playing SWAT 4.

Comment

Raven Shield is the best tactical shooter of which I know.

Comment

If you want something that will kick your *** than ARMA II or Rainbow Six: Raven Shield. If you want something a little less hardcore, than Rainbow Six: Vegas 2 or Opperation Flashpoint: Dragon Rising. If you wanted something similar to MW2, you could pick up Bad Company 2 if you are into squad based multiplayer

Comment

Originally posted by C0M8AT STEVE
                        If you want something that will kick your *** than ARMA II or Rainbow Six: Raven Shield. If you want something a little less hardcore than Rainbow Six: Vegas 2 or Opperation Flashpoint: Dragon Rising. If you wanted something similar to MW2, you could pick up Bad Company 2 if you are into squad based multiplayer
                        As a hardcore fan of the original r6 games I find your opinion of Vegas 2 to be appalling. I'm seriously joking. Compared to the original games it is very arcade.

While it isn't out yet, Ground Branch is the game I'm waiting for.

BlackFoot Studios is proud to announce to it's loyal and growing community.........

Ground Branch

Ground Branch Synopsis

Ground Branch is the premiere title from Blackfoot Studios. The term Ground Branch is a little known Military and Intelligence reference phrase for the paramilitary wing of the CIA. Ground Branch is composed of a Command that oversees operational teams which conduct military and intelligence actions in support of the goals specified by the National Command Authority.

These teams are not constrained by the law of land warfare that applies to military units. They operate under the radar and outside public knowledge, often conducting operations in conjunction with Special Operations Forces. Their members are drawn from the best former SOF operators from around the world including US Army Special Forces, British SAS, Australian SAS, Navy SEALs, Delta Force, and GSG9 just to name a few.

Ground Branch often operates in an area where there is no official or allowed military presence and utilizes the most advanced weaponry, intelligence and support mechanisms.

The story in Ground Branch opens with the expanding Chinese oil companies backing a guerrilla leader in Sumatra. The goal is the over throw of the West Sumatran government in order to allow China easier access to the massive oil strata discovered to the west of the country in Sumatran waters. Loss of communication with an advance Intel gathering team along with Guerrilla seizure of oil platforms and a bold move toward the capital of West Sumatra result in the CIA deployment of a Ground Branch 6 man team to gather intelligence and assess the situation in preparation for possible US Military intervention.

The Ground Branch Team enters the fray and the player begins a whirlwind experience where the battlefield evolves and the morality of right and wrong become a matter of choice. The gamer will chase a warlord and an elusive truth across a country while employing advanced techniques such as covert underwater scuba operations and high altitude parachuting techniques known as HALO to surprise a vastly superior enemy.

The basis for the Ground Branch game experience is, like everything else in the title, realism. There are legions of FPS fans that are constantly saying, ?I wish there was a game where I could do such and such just like the real world.? With Ground Branch, they will. All the while getting their hands "dirty" and experiencing the visceral consequences of hard decisions made during desperate situations.

Comment

Get a pillow, Ground Branch has been put on hold for now, or at least its progress is slow due to various issues. I dont think theyll be done with it anytime soon.

Comment

Yeah, I've had my pillow out for some time. I just hope when they are done the game play is amazing. I don't care if the graphics aren't the latest or if millions buy it. GIVE ME MY GAME PLAY BACK!

Comment

Not sure if you quite understand what I was saying? If it helps imagine an , after hardcore & before than (post edited). I totaly agree with you. All the R6 games up to Lockdown were epic. Me & my brother in law spent many a nights trying to complete the terrorist hunts in R6: RS. Oh the fustration when the last one opens a door & blasts you in the face. The Vegas games still do require some tactics tho as you can't just clear a room by running in & shooting everything that moves. At least not on realistic difficulty.

Comment

Working...
                              X